Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nOOb modder wantin some suggestions on the basics

Default Re: nOOb modder wantin some suggestions on the basics

Just make sure you check out good ol' fans and fins before you chuck away 200 of any currency. There's nothing wrong with a big ass silent Zalman-in fact, i think they look damn sweet.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I really like the koolance kits because for the price they seem like they do a good job, they look nice, and have heard pretty decect reviews about them but i would like to hear from some experienced water coolers how nice they really are. As for price thats 200$ but ill definantly look into that fan, maybe i could use the extra money on some nicer modding. i dunno anyone with an airbrush, how much would it cost, and what type of paint should i use w/ it? Also ive always used newegg for comp parts, but the other day stumbled upon xoxide.com which seems to specialize in modding how good are they

heres a very rough first sketch i put together today w/ a spartan on one panel, other panel with halo etched or painted on (not sure which produces better results), and a top window. this would all contain a consistent background of red-orange or black throughout the case but havent decided on the color yet. Is this possible without an airbrush, maybe by using high quality spray cans or just a brush and some acrylic paint? I also really like those fans but am skeptical as to how quiet they are, a minor concern in the building process. If i do go with the red scheme i would use red lighting to compliment the paint, if i do black ill go with blue or green not sure yet. Beyond this i have no idea what to do for lighting (i dunno whats best led, cathode, neon, or el?). also jw any suggestions on a decently priced psu

if you know how to use bondo and know how to use a dremel you can do alot.

i suppose i have decent experience in both, but the bondo and dremmel experience both involve body repairs on my friends ****ty car. im sure ill be fine with the slicin and dicing part of the mod.