Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeus

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Zeus

Ok, so I know I haven't made any progress on Faust in...well, ok, I haven't made any progress at all on Faust...it's mainly just been sitting on my desk gathering dust while the components sit in a temporary case.. Anyways, on to the point:

While I loved building mightyMite, it never quite turned into what I originally envisioned. In addition, I started out with really a crappy base, and it ended up turning into a conglomeration of parts. While I am rather proud of parts of it, it has recently begun to irk me. Between my northbridge overheating with no space to put in a fan and discovering a disturbingly large bubble in my watercooling loop, I decided it was time to move my system to a new home.

This time I decided to start with a nice, solid base, and since I have since determined that I really don't need a small system, I headed over to Micro Center and had a look around...turned up with this beauty:

and unboxed:

guess what these are for

starting to strip it down..

Hey! What's that doing in my bays?!

Ah, that's better. ..now, what shall we put here...?

...have I mentioned how I love Micro Center?

There, much more useful:

More to come, I'm currently working on making mounts for that rad out of some aluminum angle; I think I'll do that more tomorrow when I have time when people aren't sleeping..one of the down sides of living in an apartment; I can't do metalwork at weird hours.

Default Re: Zeus

just do it in your bathroom... and if people complain just say its the pipes and blame it on the landlord! lol. sweet ass looking case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

tried that... doing body work in the bathroom sheetmetal or bondo got me hell... depends on the gf/wife situation i guess lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Hmm, I might have to try that; my bathroom is on the better side of my apartment; there are two storage rooms the size of my apartment, plus a stairwell, before there's anyone else, and the brick floor/ceiling is a pretty good sound killer....also there's no gf/wife, so that's not really an issue.

Nice choice of case. ^_^ Totally love Cooler Master mods. Looking forward to seeing this shape up.
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

Quote Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
    Nice choice of case. ^_^
    Thanks. I was almost sold on the Antec 902, but then I saw this and the dual 140mm fan mounts already in the top sold me.

My original plan was to put my two current 120mm rads in the top mounts inside the case, with fans on the outside. Unfortunately, they're a bit too thick for that (like, ~1/2"), so now I'm gonna be reversing it and mounting the fans on the inside with the rads on the outside.
    Rather like so:

My eventual plan is to get a 140.2 or 120.2 (the 140's are weirdly expensive...I guess because they don't sell as many?) to put in place of those, and at that point drill the necessary holes to run the tubing through. In the mean time, I'm enjoying that CM put in those little holes for just this purpose.

Another setback; once I finally got the mounts for one side of the 120.3 rad cut out, I set up a couple to gauge sizes, and the aluminum angle is about 4-5mm too short Oh well, I needed to go to Ace tomorrow anyways. At least now I know what I'm gonna be using to mount everything else

EDIT:
    Almost forgot; I sent off my dead OCZ Vertex for RMA today, so I'm hoping that I'll be getting it back sometime next week.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Hahaha, Cooler Master knows how to make a case. I had no idea they sold the Centurion with slots on the top for Rads, let alone two of them. I was surprised when I opened up this log and saw that. Lol, I have a Centurion myself, and it certainly would have saved me the trouble if I knew they made the one you have. I'm currently in the process of attempting to water cool the CPU (first try. --crosses fingers--) and I'm scratching my head as to where I should place the rad... >_<
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

Well, as I saw when I tried to fit my rads in there, they're actually designed for fans, not rads, but hey as long as they fit, same difference.

If you have a normal Centurion, the only places I can think that would work well to put a rad would be in the rear 120mm fan spot (preferably inside if it'll fit; outside if not) or in a few of the 5.25" bays.

Another small update I just remembered; as you might notice in the shot of the front panel, the top bay has a 3.5" pop-out section in it. Now, obviously I'm never gonna be using that, so all it's doing is standing out, making my front panel look uneven. Fortunately, several months ago I built a system at work using a Cooler Master case that had almost identical bay covers...all of which were pulled out and tossed in a pile to be thrown out. Now, for some reason I held onto them, and for once my packrat-ish tendencies payed off. I now have fully matching front bay panels. (I'll add a pic when I get home).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Ok, first, the promised pic of the front panel first:

And now one of my favorite parts of modding; new tools
    --Benjamin Franklin

Well, as I was thinking over what I told Couch3ater, I realized that since I'm already putting rads outside, I might as well take it all the way and put another one outside:

So, I decided to break out one of my new toys and get some holes made for that:

..and the bigger one for something something else

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!

[EDIT]
    Now that I look at that on here, I think maybe I should have taken that picture on a smaller drill
    [/EDIT]

And...it appears to be 11:30pm and I have forgotten to eat dinner...I think I'll do something about that now.
    --Benjamin Franklin