Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeus

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Zeus

Ok, got a bit more done before bed. I made the mount for the res and got to use another of my new toys, the tap & die set!

I rather quite like that.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Nice work so far! +rep
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

haha i love the build, and the edit in the last post
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Ok, no work update right now, but my NB waterblock came in today!

Big box:

....little box.... (yes, that was the only thing in there..well, other than a crapload of packing peanuts)

and last but not least, the waterblock. look harder, you'll find it eventually

Just to accentuate how small this thing is; yes, those are standard G1/4 fittings...thing is tiny!

I finally made it to Ace today after work to get larger alu angle for the 120.3 rad mounts...I'm really glad I checked how much it costs... I only need ~3' for the mounts, so I was gonna get the 4' length because obviously that's gonna be a lot cheaper than the 7' length, right? Apparently not! The 4' was $10.99 ...and the 7' was.... $11.99 ....seriously, what's up with that? Needless to say, I now have an extra 3' of alu angle going into the spare parts...closet?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Ok, little snippet. The only thing that really bugged me about this case was the feet. They were these nasty hard plastic things, with a thin ring around the edge, so only that thin ring was actually touching the ground. So, I looked around the furniture section at Ace and found some nice big flat rubber feet about the same thickness as the current plastic ones. (The one in the foreground is the new ones).

Much nicer
    --Benjamin Franklin

=DD I'm glad I was able to aid in your scheming. I was thinking of throwing the rad there, but when you mentioned modding the bays, it sparked some curiosity. I'll have to play around with it and post the results up here.

As for the mod; nice work! Really like how it's coming along so far. Can't wait to see what you have in store. ^_^
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

Bleagh, I really need to get to sleep... oh well, I wanted to get the res mounts finished tonight, and I did.

Basically I took two lengths of 1x1x1/8 alu angle and ran them down the inside of the 5.25" bays on either side.
    Mounts by themselves on case:

The res then mounts on one side:

And the fans mount on the other:

Unfortunately, my awesome fans are about 2mm thicker than normal 120mm fans, to I'm gonna have to either use different fans or shave 1mm off four edges

I also mounted the other two rads:

I'm quite liking how this one is turning out so far

Tomorrow (ok, later this morning...ok, maybe this afternoon ) I'll be working more on the WC loop and getting that new NB block set up.

What I'm planning on doing for the loop is:
    pump>CPU>rear120>NB>top120>GPU>120.3>res>pump
    Keep in mind that the NB in this case is a GeForce 9400, so it gets really hot. Previously on the crappy passive HS, running two 1680x1050 monitors, it would usually run in the mid to upper 70's C

Unfortunately, I didn't examine the MBB before ordering the NB block, or I would have ordered one for the mosfets as well. For now I'm thinking I'll just cut the heatpipe off near the mosfet HS and let it be.
    --Benjamin Franklin

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Project Zeus eh? Lookin good so far, I'm expecting big things!
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Hardware View Post
    Project Zeus eh? Lookin good so far, I'm expecting big things!
    Well, it's in fitting with the naming scheme I have for my network.

Domain: Hades
    Fileserver: Faust
    Laptop: Hermes
    SSH server: Kharon
    --Benjamin Franklin

lol I use homestarrunner as my computer names. my desktop is compy386 and my laptop is lappy486.

good work with the rads... love the front mounted rad. reminds me of an intercooler on a turbo'd car. you better put some lightning bolts on that case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER