Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeus

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    you better put some lightning bolts on that case!
    Heheh, yup, that's the plan. I want to get the functional work done first before starting on making it pretty though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

now what would be really cool would be a mini tesla coil on top!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Ok, got the mosfet HS separated:

Unfortunately, I appear to have misplaced both my thermal paste cleaning fluid and my AS5...I assume they're in the same place, but that place is not where I though it was...

and the first SSD mount finished!

Now to start on the next one...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Well, I took a break from alu work to search more for my AS5, and I found it! It's weird, I put all my thermal paste stuff in one bag in the box with all my other cooling stuff in it...who'd a thought?

Ahh, that's much better:
    --Benjamin Franklin

Little slower this evening, but I got brunner :

and I got the second SSD mount done. I've got a random 2.5" drive in there as a spaceholder since my other Vertex is currently sitting at OCZ's facility in CA, waiting for them to decide that it's actually bad and send me a replacement.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Well, I think I may have found a solution to the 120.3 fan problem.. Now, as anyone who's worked with these fans knows, you can actually take the fan out of the frame, so I was taking the inside out of the first one to start filing it down, and realized something. The remaining plastic frame squeezes in quite nicely in the mounting frame for the rad. I have all three mounted like that and running for a while to see if they stay nicely.
    --Benjamin Franklin

oooh... that looks dangerous. lol I like it! really looks like a car radiator now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Well, they're held in pretty tight; I had to squeeze them a bit to get them in. I figure it's at least good enough to hold it for a few months till either I file down the frames or I buy new fans.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I've gotten the loop mostly done now. I ran out of 3/8" fittings and thought I was gonna have to source some more (either several days of waiting or 1.5-2 hours of driving to Micro Center and back), but then I remembered the line running from the fillport to the reservoir. Since it's not really part of the loop, replacing it with 1/2" won't affect the flow at all, and I have plenty of 1/2" stuff, so...

I haven't gotten the pump mount quite figured out yet, but it'll be down at the bottom, in front of the PSU, with a line running from the bottom of the res, then out up to the CPU block.

EDIT:
    Also, I forgot to mention, I got word today that OCZ shipped out my SSD on Sunday (adjusted), from Taiwan... So according to FedEx I should have it by Thursday.

I know the PSU looks a bit off, but it's gonna be replaced in a few months. I've already decided that part of my tax return is gonna be going to a new PSU and 140.2 rad.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Still loving this mod. I like where you decided to mount the SSD's. As for the fans on the front rad, I think that's pretty sweet. Nice way to save some dough; cut a fan until it fits. Looking forward to seeing this done. =D
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."