Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeus

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Zeus

ahh well thanks for explaining it, it makes more sense now

I dont think I'll get getting them anyways, unless for a sponsorship or whatever. The $$/GB ratio still isnt what it needs to be to make it worthwhile for me.

I LOVE the mod though, and look forward to seeing this thing done!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    I LOVE the mod though, and look forward to seeing this thing done!
    Ask and yee shall receive

I went to put the side panel on the case and...ran into a problem

So..marked:

and set:

Also, idk if anyone remembers the custom wiring rig that I made for mightyMite:

incorporated into Zeus:

And it all comes together finally:

Short-term I'll be working on overclocking it (my first attempt at overclocking), but long term I do have some aesthetic mods in mind, plus a couple cooling upgrades.

EDIT:
    Looking at this post, I noticed it looks like there's a gap between the sidepanel and the front...there's actually not, it's just awkward reflection.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Love the finished look in the last pic, the matching radiators and fan grills, the fittings on the hoses, very nice! +rep

Edit: I'll have to +rep you later, it seems I have to spread the joy.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

looks great! good luck with the overclock. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

looks pretty wicked mate. and yeah good luck with the oc
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Well, I haven't really done much with overclocking it yet...between work, classes starting up again, quadmount, and..well..actually using the thing, I haven't had much time to try.

That aside, tonight I came home to it randomly locked up on a black screen...and then once I rebooted, it started randomly restarting.... Now, knowing the history of the PSU that's in this thing, I'm assuming that the PCIe 12V lines are going again ...and for once the federal gov't has awesome timing! Hurray for tax returns!

On the docket to be ordered/picked up from Micro Center tomorrow are:
    PC P&C Silencer 750W Black (ha! take that you stupid ThermalTake piece of crap!)
    Black Ice GTX280
    Water block for my mosfets (haven't decided which one yet; I have to get some measurements first...for some reason nobody makes one specifically for my board )
    10 more feet of 3/8" Tygon

...I'm fighting with myself to not get a Radeon 5670 and SyncMaster 2343... ...I should not have extra money...ever...I am not responsible...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

On that note, want that SSD?
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Haha, yeah; I was just thinking of that actually. I'll shoot you a PM.
    --Benjamin Franklin

So...long drive to Micro Center today...in the snow...people are idiots..

Anyways, as always I came away with way more stuff than I intended, but at least this time it was mostly clearance stuff!

Swag!

As you can see, I ended up getting the 750W Corsair PSU instead, since it was on sale and they didn't have the PC P&C 750W in stock (oh well, probably saved my about $50 anyways). Also got a new UPS because the old Belkin I've been using for my fileserver just suddenly decided that its battery is dead Most of the rest of the stuff was on returned/opened stuff that's all marked down anyways, plus they were knocking an additional 50% off, so it was all really cheap. For example:
    400W mATX PSU: $7.89
    ...3 adhesive rubber feet (apparently one got lost somewhere ): $0.48
    A.C. Ryan 3x120mm black alu fan grill: $4.98

...no plans for any of that stuff, but hey, at those prices I couldn't turn it down! (especially the A.C. Ryan grill)
    --Benjamin Franklin

Ok, I gotta say; Corsair is giving PC P&C a run for their money...I know they're very similar in terms of durability and build quality, but in presentation Corsair is majorly trumping them

I open up the nice thick cardboard box, and..foam! Ok, they're already beating PC P&C's packing...let's see what else they have going for them.

...a velvet bag?? Seriously? That's...interesting...

..and a plastic layer underneath all of that? Wow, they really didn't want this thing to get scuffed in shipping...and it's not even shiny!
    --Benjamin Franklin