Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best antivirus for my Laptop

Default Best antivirus for my Laptop

Which is the best antivirus for my Laptop??

Please suggest me the best antivirus software for my Laptop.
    I am so confuse in between so many softwares..
    Please guide me.Thank you in advance for your reply
    Please read the rules - SgtM
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Default Re: Best antivirus for my Laptop

I've used Avast for years now and AVG before that which was also very good.

From personal experience I would steer clear of both Norton and MacAfee
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Disagree.. Norton Antivirus is my personal favorite, and the one I recommend the most. Norton 360 or Internet Security, not bad, better if you need a software firewall (dial up, mobile, etc), but Systemworks = garbage.

For the best free one, I've been VERY happy with MS Security Essentials lately.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Norton has actually gotten pretty good, or so I hear wherever this subject arises lately.

I use AVG when I need something, although I usually don't. I just backup my data religiously to an external hard drive and do a clean install if I encounter problems, which is fairly rare. Knowledge is the best anti-anything. Although, a good web browser with some nice add-ons help. I've got Chrome with AdBlock + AdThwart + WOT. That last one puts nice little user driven circles on basically every link you come across. Green is basically good to go, yellow is careful and red is stay away from that website. Very handy even for experienced internet users.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i use avast.

Fresh Paint

Ive not used norton in a very long time but what i can say about it is there older anti virus is like not have a anti virus at all. Hopefully they have turned that around, im starting to hear good things about them now.

I use avast, ive used it for a long time and i really like it, if you can get past the terrible car stereo like interface it really is a good anti virus IMO. oh and its free to! Just register and its yours for a year then just reregister.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Microsoft Security Essentials gets my current vote - or Avira - I recently dumped AVG because it has a devastating effect on system usability during scans - I found myself constantly cancelling the scan which kinda defeated the object

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

MSE. I get at least one laptop a week that Norton completely ruins (removed TCP/IP stack or something else as catastrophic), and every other (yes folks, 50%) of machines we remove Norton from it uninstalls the optical drive with it. Quick registry fix, but still. Norton IS a virus.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I've never really had any issues with AVG but I am curious about MSE now. Is it a free download? or does it come with Win7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER