Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I iupgrade my Sound Card?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Should I iupgrade my Sound Card?

Check the link for that d2x. It points to the X-Fi right now.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

thanks. haha im an idiot... any who, more info for your sound card choice.

this is my main desktop.... not only does it sound a thousand times better, but when the volume is all the way up, and nothing is playing, you hear absolutely nothing in the headphones... with the other creative fatality flagship card with front panel 5.25 input output you hear hella background buzzing, interference, whatever you want to call it. and that's at half volume. full will drive you insane in half a minute. xonar has none. i bought this, xonar, because i was highly disappointed in the creative. i was actually wondering if on board sounded better. lol.

this is my backup pc, the one with it.

another view of my backup

and another bit of street cred that im an audiophile...

yes, over 10 thousand songs. i have to go back through my library, and delete a few copies on some.
    the holy grail of audiophile headphones. sterling te-400s. went out of business in the 80s. they cost 200 bucks in the 80s. highs. amazing. lows hit hard. so clear and crisp, its like angels singing. i no longer use my logitech z4's as they cant hold a candle to my headphones.

i hate creative, and will never buy a product from them again. i am going through a rma process for the 2nd one of the new ones i have had. my refurbished still works from them, though. go figure.

Xonar is the only way to go.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    Bought a x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro series recently and it's an awesome card, I only got onboard sound to compare to tho. The only drawback is that Creative drivers are a bit "random".
    yeah, the drivers are crap. download from the site ONLY if you get a creative. don't use cd, i had issues that messed my comp from cd...
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

I know this thread is over a year old and im not sure if its still open but i had to reply because i once had this card also...Creative point is garbage youd think by now they would have fixed there driver issues in all there cards...If you still have this card id just give it ways like i done and what ever you do dont make the same mistake and buy another Creative product...If you happen to have a half desent 5.1 system them go with one of the audiophile cards like Asus or HT Omega with these cards there no such thing as driver issues

Quote Originally Posted by DougieFresh View Post
    I know this thread is over a year old and im not sure if its still open but i had to reply because i once had this card also...Creative point is garbage youd think by now they would have fixed there driver issues in all there cards...If you still have this card id just give it ways like i done and what ever you do dont make the same mistake and buy another Creative product...If you happen to have a half desent 5.1 system them go with one of the audiophile cards like Asus or HT Omega with these cards there no such thing as driver issues
    agreed. however, someone offered me 80 bucks for it with the front panel. so i said OK.