Thread: Modding my NC10 (netbook)

Overclocked

Default Modding my NC10 (netbook)

Hi guys. Later today I am going to put in an order for a touchscreen kit for my little samsung netbook. While I have the unit apart, what else do you think I could do? The touchscreen kit gives me 2 extra USB headers. All I can think of is a really small and fast USB flash drive for use with Windows ReadyBoost.

Backlighting for the keyboard would be awesome, but would be way too much work and would require skills/knowledge beyond me

I could probably get a really small USB WIFI adapter and put that in there. There is already WIFI in the netbook, but if I want to put the HD Video Accelerator Card that I have seen around in there at any point, I've either got to solder a connector directly onto the motherboard, or take out the existing WIFI.

So if you have any ideas for what I could add, please comment
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Modding my NC10 (netbook)

More wifi, more bluetooth, flashdrive, gps, ummm...lights? That's about all I can think of atm.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Modding my NC10 (netbook)

Mod some angled LED's and an on/off switch into the LCD faceplate so that when you open up your Netbook you have a front lit keyboard! :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.