Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archangel

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Default Re: Archangel

Update will be posted soon, i'm thinking about doing something different to the side of the case that was suppose to be decal...i was thinking about having a angel wing design...yes...i'm talking about some cardboard and bondo with a little detailing. I'm hoping to replicate the wings that are on my worklog banner.
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Finally an update!!! OMG! lol.
    Got my 710 not too long ago! Your probably asking....well why not just go with a Quad Core instead of a triple core. My answer is that this is a limited budget build and i found this for a good deal. ( $100 retail, i got it for $86 BNIB)

Apparently Ziploc bags are the "new" standard in safety!

Back to the pics of the build.

As of now i'm just going to go with the stock HSF but later i might upgrade to something better.

Kind of looks like Christmas Day when you open a present and try to get to the goods and just throw everything else to the side.

The badge included with the Processor.

I opened up the manual first because i'm that kind of person to always read the manual first and i never got the manual to fold back as nicely as it is in the picture.

Installed! I managed to do the rookie mistake and bent pins but the credit card trick worked and i got the pins straighter than they were before. I can't get the cpu out though, it like flush to the mount and i can't get a fingernail or anything under the edges.

Stock HSF, the best it'll look right here.

My HDD arrived!

Bubble wrapped pretty well.

Everything installed, just need one more sata cable for the HDD.

Here are some glamor shots of what's finished.

This will be where it'll stay for a while....my work station that's crammed into the corner of my room.

I will be decaling the case side today, pics should be up later!
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Yea, i read a review on newegg and the person told how to unlock it.

Here it is:
    Pros: this is my second one. first one would not unlock 4th core with my gigabyte board. this one is in an msi 785g board with 710 sb. has acc in bios, switch normal firmware to special and switch acc to per core and boot. ta-daa! quad core. temp wont register anymore on hardware monitor so just load speedfan. that will still give you one cores temps. prime stable with 4th core! vista says 5.9 cpu score now, and plays nicely in win7 too.
    Cons: none
    Other Thoughts: f**s had a sale on them on friday 10-10 for 49.95. with the 4th core unlocked i got a new phenom II quad for 50 buck! haahahahahhaha! win

I just sprayed the last gloss coat to seal it to the case side. It's drying now and i should have a picture of the finished side tonight.

EDIT: What the decal looks like before it is subjected to the pit.

This is what i was going to put the decal in to let it soak, but too small.

So i chose this instead!

Finished laying the decal down! This is before the gloss coat.

I am actually really proud of how this turned out, this is the largest decal that my dad and i have laid down. I always say "wow that turned out frickin' awesome!"

Put on the case sides, as of now it just needs a monitor because i already have a standard dell keyboard and mouse lined up. I'm really nervous on starting it up for the first time, more like anxious because i want to see my project work! I've been so careful with everything--much more than anything else!

A few more glamour shots.

As stated before i would post pictures of the Optical Drive painted to match.

I will be painting the mouse, got the primer coat done and about 3 coats of gloss white. I still have to come up with the accents for the mouse. While i am doing that enjoy some starter pics!

Here is the mouse apart and prepped for primer and first coat.

After all 3 coats and drying.

These are the pictures are a couple coats of primer, then Gloss white, and then some clear coat after the accenting. And yes i wanted it to looked ravanged.

Also so take note that the second picture is with no flash.

Now i know that i have to watch who i buy from on ebay...apparently there are some people who like to sit at home and complain that they have finals and play COD:MW2 instead of sending a package off right away. I just totally defies my logic that someone would rather wait to send a package at the last minute than to ship it off right away and have the transaction be done with. Got my full refund and a couple swear words thrown at me for some reason.
    New monitor is on order.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009166
    Hopefully i won't have any problems with this transaction.