Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/S nVidia Quadro NVS 285 P383 128mb PCI-e x7

Default F/S nVidia Quadro NVS 285 P383 128mb PCI-e x7

I have 7 of these cards pulled from working Dells;

They include both the vga and dvi dongles. These are low profile PCI-e x16 cards but have the full profile bracket. No software or drivers are included. The drivers can be downloaded from nVidia.

$20 plus shipping. (or make me an offer)

I have 7 of these.

I also have 2 of the 64mb versions (p283) for $10 + shipping.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Default Re: F/S nVidia Quadro NVS 285 P383 128mb PCI-e x7

Bumpitty...

What exactly are these good for?
    I never have understood the point of a workstation graphics card and what the difference is. I might very well be interested if they could fold well or something similar as I have a second PC that doesn't need to game.

Let me know, and maybe I'll pick one up at Rod's and Mod's when I see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Workstation video cards are useful not only for low profile machines that need multiple monitors, but they are certified to work with a lot of high-end CAD and such programs. They are designed for ultimate stability and accuracy of reproduction.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

...and basically these are the low end cards really only good for multiple monitors...

That's all I'll need. If you want to bring one of the 64MB ones to Rods and Mods I'll bring $10 for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I have 7 of these cards pulled from working Dells;

They include both the vga and dvi dongles. These are low profile PCI-e x16 cards but have the full profile bracket. No software or drivers are included. The drivers can be downloaded from nVidia.

$20 plus shipping. (or make me an offer)

I have 7 of these.

I also have 2 of the 64mb versions (p283) for $10 + shipping.
    can you ship one card+ cables in NC?

GPU cards were stagnant over much of the last four years, same old ASICs on same old 28nm (all fabbed at TSMC, no less), just annual rebadges with endless minor (almost trivial) tweaks and twiddles. Only since 2014 have we seen some truly major GPU revisions come out, new architectures running at insane speeds, loaded with phat VRAM capacities, plenty of multi-monitor pixel crunching for everyone. Interestingly, the extreme end (NV Titan cards) bridge the performance and price gap between gaming and workstation cards ... too bad so many fools think the latest-greatest Titan X is going to have the staying power of the old Titan cards (it won't, and I think in a few years it will price out much as a 780Ti does today because it lacks the FPDP which makes the old Titans retain their appeal to prosumers with serious needs and budgets).

Plenty of pulled workstation cards are floating around craigslist these days, seemingly more each month. I suppose more of their "obsolescence" (in the eyes of enterprise users) comes from warranty expiration than from comparatively limited performance.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    I suppose more of their "obsolescence" (in the eyes of enterprise users) comes from warranty expiration than from comparatively limited performance.
    ++This. So much this.

At work I support an organization that maintains one of (if not the) largest server fleets in the world. The second something is out of warranty I want it gone, out of my sight, and never to return. If I can't easily get parts to fix it I don't want it anywhere near me. Worst case, keep it around until it breaks, but honestly with old hardware it rarely makes financial sense to keep it around even if it does work just as well as it did when it was new.

Sadly, too often people and their poor decisions make my ideals in these regards unattainable. Doing better all th
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Send me a PM the next time you're pulling a handful of "expired" Tesla GPU Compute Modules or somesuch, haha!

Er, so long as they can plug into desktop PCIe 3.0 slots, of course - I don't happen to have a rack-mounted server at home, so not a whole lot of use for things like 1U blades. (Although I confess sometimes drooling over some of those chassis towers. But it seems that while server folks will happily build anything to custom order you wanna pay for, they don't really bother to advertise particulars about exactly what they're selling to the public. And so I'm am forced to buy into "enthusiast" stuff with the understanding that nothing is perfect until I mod and customize it to my specific needs.)
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.