Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The cost of tools

But some tools are so sexy you start unbuttoning your pants and then realize that it might not be a good idea to......

Default Re: The cost of tools

OMG... you guys are hillarious.

Really, I'm the same way... I don't know what it is about the big hardware superstores. I went the other day and spent wayyyyyyyyyyy more than I had planned. I think I went to get a box of screws and left with like $800 worth of stuff that I probably will never even use.

And dont get me started about the computer stores... can you say "Dog house!!!"

Water Cooled

im planning on a rampage at home depot and canadian tire maybe after I get back from my 2.5 months vacation after summer and start my new box. gosh my bank account is already scared. vacation and tools(lots) dont go together.

Frakk, Don't go the way of Modder54321, he needs a 12 step program. When you say summer vacation Im going to assume your a student, without a steady job. Even if you are an adult I would suggest you buy tools as you need them. Don't go buy every tool you see. Wait for sales. You CAN buy certain low quality tools to save some money. For instance a 5spd $40 drill press will serve you just as well as a $1000 54spd floor standing drill press when it comes to modding. A $50 Drill will cut through your case just as well as a $500 Drill (But for a drill stick with a reputable company like DeWalt, Makita, e.t.c.) I think you can follow my advice for the rest of the tools on your list aswell, just follow your best judgement as to what your planning on using the tools for and then you can decide how much you should spend.

Water Cooled

yes thanks for the advice. I already planned everything out and I dont want to buy top quality of everything. I was thinking about a dremmel kit, the one i could have won, plus some minor tools like a nibbler, rivet gun, wire stripper, sand papers, a vice and things like that. but i will adjust my list to what i need as time goes by

To save some money you can buy the one model below the XPR, which has teh same features and performance and $20 less, or go a step further and get teh Black & Decker RTX rotary tool, not as fast as teh dremel but the torque more than makes up for it, and its overall a better tool, physically smaller so it fits in your hand better and the switch is within finger reach unlike teh stupid dremel where you need both hands to turn it off.

Water Cooled

The new dremmel XPR is pretty small, I was holding it the other day. the black & decker looks good too, but im afraid I can't find it here in canada, only if I order it from the US (and pay ****load of extra money on duties and brokerage fees) I'm thinking about the XPR or a cordless dremel, because i doubt i will find a b&d rtx

ebay? have the seller ship it FedEx, no fees