Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6th GeN. 30TB TriplX

Worth doing? Worth OVERdoing grevaeg's Avatar

Default Re: [project]6th GeN. 30TB TriplX

Thats kinda the issue in the first place

There will be close to NO airflow in the top and bottom case as all of the items in there will be watercooled 0.o

Could allways put up a active fan on the SB/Mos though

Hi guys!

Been a stressfull day with lotsa stuff to do, but managed to get some more work done on the case today =)

got the hdd holders in place atleast, its still somewhat crude though, need some polishing and filing ^^

Ah well... ill write down some more stuff soon, gonna post a ****load of pics now ^^

http://grevaeg.com/images/case010/tg240609/
    Made a quick image gallery for those of you who want some larger pics ;O

Here we go ... Visited my iron monger earlier this week and picked up some 5mm alu for the harddrive frame, should be sturdy enough.. however, have to cut it down as much as possible due to the massive weight..

Tape has allways been a decent tool for creativity

So out with the jiggzaw and start cutting... think i wasted 1 blade for each plate i cut...

Rubber mountings have been used to prevent the harddrive holders from getting any vibrations out troughout the case

Holes was then cut out both to allow heat to travel around and partly to reduce weight... a 80mm hole of 5mm alu is easily 100g, close to a half kilo's off with just those holes, and hey... it looks somewhat cool

Please check out the image gallery linked above for now guys, ill write up some more soon

oh oh, and heres a small update on whats coming next

3x 910w PCP&C Silencer, a motherboard tray, a 17" screen up front of em, and fanducts in front + 4x 250mm fans for airflow =)

Small update today my friends..

Picked up a package the other day, wonder whats inside... lol

Gotta love those small classy boxes ^^

Ahold! The allmighty Phenom II 955 x4 Should receive the MSI boards the upcoming wednesday, so will be able to mount some stuff up by then hopefully...

Hi guys!

Time for a update again =)

Been quite busy with solidworks today, finalizing the more boring parts of this case for the laser to prosess. So should have the first batch of basic pieces tomorrow hopefully

Been curious about what type of PSU's that will be powering up this cute thing? Guess ill throw out some workorders =) a HUGE thanks to OCZ for making this possible aswell..... wouldnt be possible without em

Behold.... the allmighty PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910w

PSU 1 : 24x sata, 4x molex, 4x PCIx - Technical drawing
    PSU 2 : 18x sata, 7x molex, 4x PCIx - Technical drawing
    PSU 3 : 18x sata, 7x molex, 4x PCIx - Technical drawing

Expect a large update tomorrow guys =)

8x 250mm fans should be arriving along with 3 water res', 2 MSI mobo's, and some arctic silver, and the alu is hopefully delivered tomorrow aswell 0.o

Hey guys! have had some time on my case again now, so heres a update ! ^^

The HDD rack

As most of you probably have noticed have the HDD rack been somewhat doubtfull when it comes to a 25KG load of harddrives, so decided to cut up some more 5 mm alu for em, and mount em together, still had to keep the space in between though, since a mobo and the PSU's are coming in at some point

Have also been drilling some holes to get the new bolts in to hold stuff together, ill be able to mill out some proper support's between the rack tomorrow, just didnt have enough time to finish today =)

Laz0rz!

OMFG, have seen a large ass CNC laser cutter in action today... quite a show... it managed to cut up a 2x2500x1250mm alu plate in under 12 minutes... now thats impressive..

However... have lost my bloody car keys somewhere. such a pain... had to take the 2nd best and get some tape to get the job done... gogo MC with alu tail or something..

Perfect fit? yes... would say so ^^

Front and back for middle module

And the 17" LCD thats getting mounted up front (failed to mention that earlier, lol)

First looks on the top module ^^

And some de-assembled mobo plate....

... Placed down on the new backplate for the top module =)

A new sponsor has joined up, Anfi-Tec will be providing full cover blocks for the MSI 790FX-GD70 boards

And yea... alot has been done yesterday... and even more today, update coming later today, stay tuned! ^^

Hi guys,

Gonna post up some pics of some work done yesterday, have completed the screen mount now, thats going for the midsection of the case

Worked it out from a 2mm alu plate

Norway is probably THE warmest country in the world right now... especially when ur working inside a large ass building with stainless steel plating -.-

Anyways.... beside the freaking hot weather these days, what have Mr.Grevaeg been working on? ^^

His project ofcourse!

Some general progress pics

yes, its shrinked ill get back to this one

The first set of 360 twin radiators

After quite alot of thoughts and ideas on how to fit 4x 360 rads and 2x 240, ive finally found a solution for the first and second pair ^^

Theres alot of space on the bottom of each module, might aswell use it for something
    sooo.... placed em up, and got the 1/2" fittings in (why would people ever bother using anything less btw?!)

The water ress . x3

Swiftech got some really cute water ress'es, they seem somewhat small, but really, why would u need 10 gallons in a ress? also comes with a fillport in the top, and possibilities to mount up nozzles at top, side and bottom, cant get much better then that imo

PCP&C Silencer 910w !

Well my friends, they have arrived... and god.. ive never seen that many cables loose outside a case in my life... ill prolly have weeks infront of me to manage these. But then again, OCZ provided a perfect cut after measure's by me, so they deserve a huge applause for the work and dedication they put in their PSU's, still cant wait to get em up running, managed to plug one of em in and start em up, have heard alot of rumors that they are quite noisy, but i have to disagree there, no way in hell they are producing more then 26DB'ish

lets get some pics out, shall we ? ^^

Guess thats all for now guys, ill work on getting some spacers on the bottom module tommorrow, and hopefully get ready to ship it for wet sanding within a few days, stay tuned ^^

-Cg

Hi guys, small update today, ill just let the images speak