Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy... oh and I work in a fab shop :)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: New guy... oh and I work in a fab shop :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2k View Post
    would water cooling be overkill?
    Pha! Ask not what is overkill, instead ask what you can kill..over...?? Ok, that sounded better in my head Anyways, point being that watercooling is only overkill if you think it is. And as many of us will tell you, overkill is very rarely a bad thing.

As to you question about the loop, if you fabbed all the block yourself, you would just need to get fittings (unless you fab those too), tubing, radiators, and a pump. A good pump will run you at least ~$50, the tubing depends on what tubing you get and how much you need, and the radiators can range anywhere from $30-$300, depending on how much cooling you want. Oh, and a reservoir, which will usually be under $50.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Anodized

I might have to bring in some specs and photos of each part and see can fab up, I'm pretty sure we can do the blocks and I think we might even be able to make a res. But all of this is much further down the road, first I need to figure out what I'm gonna do to my case haha.

Oh and thanks for the info!

Sounds like you are having a great time thinking about all of this. Feel free to ask us any questions in the future.

for the copper, I buy mine from Storm copper supply. It kinda looks like a scam site, but I buy from them all the time.

http://www.stormcopper.com/
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Anodized

Got some pics of my case:

Could I start a thread in the "Works in progress" area even if I don't really have a game plan yet?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that these pics are after I sand blasted the front and side panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2k View Post
    Could I start a thread in the "Works in progress" area even if I don't really have a game plan yet?
    Absolutely. I've started some threads that never got finished. I don't think that will happen to you, but if you've done any work whatsoever then you have a work in progress.

Anodized

Ok I just started the thread here.