Thread: Sculpted Case/Art

Last Thoughts

Talking Sculpted Case/Art

Hey guys,

So I got really bored today. And I mean REALLY bored. The good thing about that is that I get rather creative at times when struck with boredom. I started drawing with pencil and paper, just starting off with doodling. I like doing abstract stuff, it's just how I am. Anyways, I came up with a pretty cool design, and found myself thinking: How totally badass would it be to sculpt this, and put a computer in it? I guess the better term to replace sculpt would be build, since most of it would probably be crafted (as in wood) rather then sculpted. The design is very complicating, so I'm wondering first off how to make it, and secondly, how am I going to move it should that time ever come. I don't go to any LAN parties, especially since Polk County FL is full of rednecks, and CRMs (Computer-Retarded Morons.). I want to do a 3D model of the drawing, but since Sketchup sucks at life, I have to get familiar with Blender 3D again, so be patient ;-). Any ways, here is the picture I drew:

Sorry about the blur, Camera wasn't cooperating. I'll have a more detailed picture shortly. But basically, to give you an idea of size, the center of the drawing where theres an almost full circle, that has enough space to fit an ATX motherboard only. It's really confusing I know, but I'll make sense of it shortly. Thanks!

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Sculpted Case/Art

It's an intriguing shape visually I must say. Would make for a good conversation piece when people see your computer. Good luck!
    TheMainMan

Last Thoughts

Default Re: Sculpted Case/Art

Thanks for the comment, however, I must say that I don't exactly intend to build this any time soon, I just wanted to get it out their in case some one was searching for something to make. I am planning a coffee table build, but that'll be another thread. And yes, I said coffee table. XD