Thread: Need help with windows. Click to make window active but NOT interact with its content

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Need help with windows. Click to make window active but NOT interact with its content

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there was a hidden setting anywere in windows that might make this happen. This is just something i've picked up from using a *gasp* Mac for a while.

On a mac if you have two windows open, lets say a chat window and a web browser, and your chat window is active, If you want to go to the webbrowser you just click it, anywere, and it will make the window active but it will not interact with any of the content inside of it. Useful if you just swing you mouse over real quick and click anywhere because then you can't accidently click links or the dreaded white background adverts that blend in.

In windows on the other hand if I mouse over and click it makes the windows active but also interacts with any elements in the window. This can lead to accident page changes or add clicks.

I know this might seem nitpicky but im just so used to throwing the mouse and clicking that i get a lot of accidental clicks and it's particularly frustrating when the browser window is mostly covered.

Anybody know if this functionality can be changed?

Thanks guys.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Default Re: Need help with windows. Click to make window active but NOT interact with its con

ALT+Tab

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Need help with windows. Click to make window active but NOT interact with its con

You could always change the focus setting to 'hover' instead of 'click'. I forget where exactly that setting is; I think somewhere in the mouse settings. I'm not on a windows system right now, but I can check on one when I get home.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    ALT+Tab

touché

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    You could always change the focus setting to 'hover' instead of 'click'. I forget where exactly that setting is; I think somewhere in the mouse settings. I'm not on a windows system right now, but I can check on one when I get home.
    I'll give that a look. I've used that method on linux systems in the past and got frustrated with it but i suppose i could give it another try.