Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your five Favorite Games

Default Your five Favorite Games

So what's your favorite game it maybe x-box,PS3,PC or any other console and also why do you like it so much...?
    My favorite game is StarWars:Knights of the old republic...it's an RPG game and i like it because the characters are really deep and the quests are also amazing...the really amazing thing about the game was it's story...
    Both Gears of war 1 and 2 are also one of my favourites... the story is good and the action is also amazing..well i can't think of any other one right now...

Default Re: Your five Favorite Games

resident evil 4 is in my list as it's just a wicked game. i've beat it at least 10 times across the gamecube, ps2, wii and pc. i own a copy of each both limited and non, for all those systems accept for pc.

super mario galaxy was really fun, preordered the second.

hmm. final fantasy XII i think was my favorite of them. i only like X-2, X, XII though. the former ones i don't like at all, stupid battle system.

not sure what else.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Halflife 2. Hands down the best game of all time.

Left 4 Dead. So so good. I also love zombies.

Day of the Tentacle. Yes it's old, but adventure games are so good, even today.

The Curse of Monkey Island. The third in the series, and the best. Amazing hand-drawn animation can't be beat. Try The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition if you've never played any in the series. It's so good and keeps the integrity of the original, especially considering that you can switch between the two at any time.

Team Fortress 2. I still put eight hours a week in on this game. It is so fun. I'm not even that good but I love it. I would put it at #1, but it took a long time for me to learn to play even halfway decent, which is never a good thing. The story is well . . . non existent. I can't help but wonder what the heck is going on and why all these people are killing each other. I love it.

Other notable mentions include:

The original Legend of Zelda. The first time I played completely through was on an emulator. The experience was engrossing and so fun.

Paper Mario. For the N64. The story is very very fun. You even find yourself emotionally attached to the characters.

Mario Kart 64. I knew all the tricks. Many many hours were spent going around the track.

Glover. A misunderstood masterpiece. So good.

Super Mario Sunshine. Another underrated game. It was fun and the controls became second nature if you played for more than a half hour.

Perfect Dark. The best FPS on the N64. Go back and play it now and you will feel very limited, but for its time it was amazing.

Viewtiful Joe. Cell shaded platformer. The real time special effects made the game so good.

Alien Hominid. The first game my wife ever played completely through. We did it twice in one day. Great game!

Skies of Arcadia. The first RPG that didn't make me yawn. Also, pirates! Before they were fad cool.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Halflife 2. Hands down the best game of all time.

Left 4 Dead. So so good. I also love zombies.

Day of the Tentacle. Yes it's old, but adventure games are so good, even today.

The Curse of Monkey Island. The third in the series, and the best. Amazing hand-drawn animation can't be beat. Try The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition if you've never played any in the series. It's so good and keeps the integrity of the original, especially considering that you can switch between the two at any time.

Team Fortress 2. I still put eight hours a week in on this game. It is so fun. I'm not even that good but I love it. I would put it at #1, but it took a long time for me to learn to play even halfway decent, which is never a good thing. The story is well . . . non existent. I can't help but wonder what the heck is going on and why all these people are killing each other. I love it.

Other notable mentions include:

The original Legend of Zelda. The first time I played completely through was on an emulator. The experience was engrossing and so fun.

Paper Mario. For the N64. The story is very very fun. You even find yourself emotionally attached to the characters.

Mario Kart 64. I knew all the tricks. Many many hours were spent going around the track.

Glover. A misunderstood masterpiece. So good.

Super Mario Sunshine. Another underrated game. It was fun and the controls became second nature if you played for more than a half hour.

Perfect Dark. The best FPS on the N64. Go back and play it now and you will feel very limited, but for its time it was amazing.

Viewtiful Joe. Cell shaded platformer. The real time special effects made the game so good.

Alien Hominid. The first game my wife ever played completely through. We did it twice in one day. Great game!

Skies of Arcadia. The first RPG that didn't make me yawn. Also, pirates! Before they were fad cool.
    man so many memories! perfect dark was probably my favorite. and sunshine was a wicked game. it was the first game i played when i got my GC.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Anodized

Hmm let me see, never played that much games, and barerly play anything nowadays, but here is some favourites anyway:

PC: Starcraft:Broodwar. Never gets old, loved it from the first moment, still do
    PC: Warcraft 3 RoC/TFT. Same as SC:BW but with a fantasy twist
    PS1: Gran Turismo 1-2. 1000 over 1000 of laps, oh happy days
    PS1: Final Fantasy VII. Epic, just epic

And some notable mentions ofc

PS1: Metal Gear Solid. Just could not stop
    Amiga: Monkey Island. What an adventure
    C64: Hmm those Ninja games, think there is 3 of them. The MUSIC
    C64: Barbarian. Some big pixels figting it out
    Last edited by cellsite60; 02-15-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: missed that it was only five games (doh facepalm)

pc: fallout 2
    n64: Goldeneye
    snes: final fantasy 3
    pc: half-life 2
    n64: mario 64

Rainbow six Vegas 2
    Halo combat evolved
    The settlers II (10th aniversary)
    GTA San Andreas
    GTR Evolution (with Nordschleiffe track)

These are not the newest games, but they are the games I had the most fun with...

Rainbow six was nice because it was one of the first game which used a 'take cover' thnig, which is very handy , played this one through at least a dozen times

Halo HAS to be one of the best games ever. Also the story behind the game (anyone read the books?) is very nice!

The Settlers II veni, vidi, vici was a very very good game, but BlueByte made another game 10 years after that one which plays just the same as the old version, has the same feeling and has much better graphics

There also has to be a GTA-game in this list. I played GTA4, but I think San Andreas was more fun, because there were so much more 'useless' things to do until you hit 100% (and even after that!)

GTR Evolution because of the Nordschleife racetrack (22km). This game has some nice cars to choose from and has nice graphics. Before this game I played 'Grand Prix Legends' and 'GT Legends' to drive on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, but GTR is just a bit better looking and the handling of the cars is better

(I play all games on PC)

Best Game of All Time, for any console/system: Chrono Trigger.

The End.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

My favorite games aren't necessarily the greatest games of all time, though some could be argued as such. I instead look at games I can always come back to and have a blast with.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past- SNES

My favorite Zelda game. Link's Awakening is right up there as well. I thoroughly enjoyed both Seasons and Ages too. The newer Zelda games I can not even keep focused on. The N64 games were good, but didn't keep me as entertained as the 2D games. The newer DS games don't do it for me. I don't know why, but I could play A Link to the Past (or Link's Awakening) a hundred thousand times without complaining. It's probably just nostalgia, as those are two of the first games I actually completed, and did so before anyone in my family. I really don't know, but I love it/them.

Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes- XBOX

This is a game I am completely baffled as to why it is one of my favorites. The game isn't particularly good; it's entirely linear and totally derivative. The multiplayer, well at least my copy is totally broken, as it randomly crashes/freezes after 10-15 minutes if 1 or more extra players join. I love this game though. I can always rely on it to give me a good time. Although I recently played it and it lost my save, which made me , but in time I will go back to it once again and have a total blast.

2fer1
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- PS
    Super Metroid- SNES

These two games get put into the same lump for me. The 2D side-scrolling map searchfest just gets me all giddy inside. Finding upgrades and destroying bosses is just completely satisfying in these two games. Searching for upgrades and secret passages just never got old.

I'll have to think of some more, as now I just want to go play some of those and it's making it hard to think, hehe.

Telling you right now: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge