Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultimate gaming rig PC xbox 360 combo case mod

Default ultimate gaming rig PC xbox 360 combo case mod

hey i em quite new to this forum and i was just trowing around some ideas with my friend for a great mod and he said that it would be cool if we managed to fit a top spec PC and a xbox 360 in the same case water cooled probably a phenom 2 955 with motherboard facing left and xbox motherboard facing right
    i was thinking of NZXT ALPHA as the case would have to modify it a bit but is it possible and can it all be powered from the same psu

ANY ADDVICE OR SUGESTIONS
    I em just a serial killer and you are all kellogs

Last Thoughts

Default Re: ultimate gaming rig PC xbox 360 combo case mod

This is definitely do-able. Silverstone already has a modded case for the 360. Looks kinda crappy IMO, but you can probably look it up to get a better idea for what needs to be done. http://xoxide.com/lianli-xb01case-xbox360.html

That's the case, it definitely looks sturdy, but still kinda ugly I think. I think all you would need to do is build another motherboard tray the size of the 360 board, add some risers for it, and find a good solution for all the other stuff, like the HDD which would probably be easy, just build a frame to support the Hard drive, same goes for the *obsolete* DVD drive (hehe just had to throw that in there) And as for every thing else that's pretty self explanatory. I think it would be cool to have the 360 power on by a bulgin style switch like these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/86...tml?tl=g44c341

This is all do-able, I've seen something like this before, can't remember where though, I'll google it in a sec. Good Luck!

I am doing an Xbox, PC, Wii build all water-cooled (several projects in line first though). Here is the temp box for the 360 with some of the wire modding done:
    http://outoftheboxmods.com/my-mods-a...s/db-xbox-360/
    Thus far I have the power and optical eject buttons remote wired and have extended the optical power cable.

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

It was a decent computer in 2006.

It's doable, I did that in an Antec P180. I tried it later in a larger Lian Li, but I never finished it. I have a decent amount of pictures and ideas for a waterblock/ If you need any help let me know!

-CollinstheClown

yes dude but i was thinking of making a panel that has a atx motherboard on one side and an xbox mother board on the other and i dint want it to be to big i have all ready got the nzxt alpha case and i was thinking of removing the right side (one with no window) and putting the xbox motherboard facing out and the dvd drive on top but i have to mod the case so its a little bit bigger so that the
    xbox connections are at the back next to the mother board basically like this
    sorry for the crappy drawing i didn't go to art class much as you can tell lol

1st pic isthe front just to show how the will be stuck to the same panel
    2nd pic is the left side
    3rd pic is the right side with the case on
    4th pic is the back the blue is the motherboard connections and the red is for the xbox connections

blue PC mother board
    red xbox motherboard
    green panel holding them together
    yellow xbox dvd drive
    light blue hdd cage with xbox hdd and pc hdd
    purple psu

So you want to mount the 360 MoBo on the outside of the case?

I don't think there is enough room between the MoBo tray and side panel to fit it in there. You might be able to get away with it if you desolder all of the connectors, but then the waterblock(s) wouldn't fit still.

-CollinstheClown

no dude i want it sticking out a little bit so there is enough room for both motherboards to be in the case and the connexions at the back to be parallel withe the pc mobo the 3rd pic is with the case on from the right side i want to cut out a window so the case has acrylic windows on both sides left pc mobo and right xbox mobo

and i was just wondering what kind of psu would power both motherboards and is it even possible

Quote Originally Posted by big_grizzl View Post
    no dude i want it sticking out a little bit so there is enough room for both motherboards to be in the case and the connexions at the back to be parallel withe the pc mobo the 3rd pic is with the case on from the right side i want to cut out a window so the case has acrylic windows on both sides left pc mobo and right xbox mobo

and i was just wondering what kind of psu would power both motherboards and is it even possible
    I use an 850 watt PSU with a Bitspower PSU station and then follow this tutorial
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...40&pid=4226321

so i was wondering what to do with the power supply do i mod it so it has two mobo connections or what

i would really appreciate any help

No, you really can't do it that easily. As someone pointed out on here when I first mentioned my mod, you would have to run both the PC and the 360 at the same time everytime.

You would need 2 seperate PSUs, and since the 360 takes 203W (the older versions) it shouldn't be to hard to find a small server one to squeeze in there.

-CollinstheClown