Thread: Fish Tank

Fresh Paint

Default Fish Tank

I had a previous Idea, which was a bit whacky to begin with, but here's another nice whacky idea...

Basically i have this idea to build a computer case which will act as your water-cooled system's Res. Basically, the case would be a plexiglass box....with the front and back missing, so it would basically be a rectangular tube...it should have about a 1/4" gap between 2 (or more) sheets of plexi, to create the entire structure. The entire system (mb tray, psu, drive cage, w/e) should be made onto a single-piece sliding tray. Think about those really old Compaq machines with one single body panel instead of a front and rear, sorta...The tray with all the goods should slide out to the back (basically a machine completely assembled) and would have the rad/fans all the way to the front...would be very cool-looking if the entire front face was covered by one big rad, but the basic idea is to have ONLY the rad showing in the front (fans would be pulling from behind). Let's see if someone can design this in Sketchup or something...I already have the entire image in my head...but to put it down on something is another story....I might make a few rough drawings of this...on paper with pen, lol....Happy Modding!!!

Oh Yeah....I would call this the fish tank or aquarium or some stuff like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockTheBox View Post
    I love your work.. can your computer and my computer make babies.. .. this is just awe inspiring .. I want one for my room.. just so people are like whats that? and I can say its god..

Default Re: Fish Tank

well if i would build this mod i would keep the aquarium and the watercooling seperated, and, i would put an extra rad in the cooling loop, so not all the warmt will get in the aquarium, else your fish will get to hot and they wil die, in fact is would try work with a termal probe what 's used for controling an valve for leting hot wather get in a heat exchanger.

grts summy

Fresh Paint

Well I wouldn't want to actually put fish in there...to maintain their living conditions, to feed them, to clean the tank...would just be a HORRIBLE task....imagine your expensive computer parts being the fish and the case is the tank....except of course the electronics would be sealed off from the water inside the tank. would be cool if several loops could be adapted, so as to have different color fluids in different compartments in the tank...this idea is set up so that the PC case is actually the res!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockTheBox View Post
    I love your work.. can your computer and my computer make babies.. .. this is just awe inspiring .. I want one for my room.. just so people are like whats that? and I can say its god..

Should work. I've never seen an entire computer act as a res before without the computer being submerged. Do it.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.