Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nes Pc!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Nes Pc!

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    Yeah I know how that goes. My build has 3 in a tower configuration. So that was no fun to find 3. Sometimes you get lucky with flea markets. Myself being a gamer I couldn't bring myself to use a perfectly good unit so I was trying to find ones that didn't work or were unconfirmed. I never even plugged on in to see if they were alive because then I wouldn't of been able to bring myself to rip it down. I could be wrong but I think there was someone on here selling off old gaming systems, I'll do a search when I get home and see if I can find it.
    yeah i've had some people msg my listing telling me they have one for sale that's in great condition, i don't wanna break it >.< a classic's a classic inside and out but if i really can't find one maybe i'll just transplant the insides into something else like... a toaster

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Now thats an idea, maybe a toaster oven and some lights and you can see the NES motherboard and you put the carts in by opening the door, lol. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gggelo View Post
    thanks bopher! hmm! so it IS possible! i have to wait until i actually do get a nes, tried ebay hunting but they're all rather expensive, even the local adds are asking for 50-70 cad. once i get the shell it should be easier to measure and kinda guess how everything's gonna fit right?
    I can ship one to you for less than that. PM me if you're interested.

I can do just an empty shell or one with the innards.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I can ship one to you for less than that. PM me if you're interested.

I can do just an empty shell or one with the innards.
    pm'd!

Fresh Paint

hey guys i was wondering a couple of things, how much is this gonna cost me and how many man hours do you think it'll take?

i have alot of time i could put into it and really hope it won't take years

as for price i'm aiming to make it better then my laptop which is 2 years old, it's an intel dual core that runs at 1.86 and 1.87

my cousin tells me that tri cores are best bang for buck right now and quads are nice but expensive and unnecessary.

my friend tells me hexa cores are comming out soon so i'm better off waiting.

the more i research the more clueless i feel

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

For what most people normally use a computer in a NES for a hex core would be way to much and you'd have some serious issues with heat. If this is going to be a show piece in the living room to stream movies and audio you won't need something crazy. Most anything that runs on an itx board would do. If you're looking for a power house system you're probably going to be more in the market for mATX boards and then you'll be cutting out the back and such to make everything fit right.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    For what most people normally use a computer in a NES for a hex core would be way to much and you'd have some serious issues with heat. If this is going to be a show piece in the living room to stream movies and audio you won't need something crazy. Most anything that runs on an itx board would do. If you're looking for a power house system you're probably going to be more in the market for mATX boards and then you'll be cutting out the back and such to make everything fit right.
    well i just put the hexa core in there cause i was thinking that once that comes out the quad core's prices would drop significantly. i don't think i'd actually ever need a hexacore machine... i'm thinking of more of a good computer that responds and loads quickly and will only be used for light gaming like emulators and flash games or what not.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I would suggest looking into boards using the nvidia ion platform if you want an inexpensive solution that is probably better than your laptop. It won't produce much heat, either.

If you're committed, it shouldn't take you years.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I would suggest looking into boards using the nvidia ion platform if you want an inexpensive solution that is probably better than your laptop. It won't produce much heat, either.

If you're committed, it shouldn't take you years.
    thanks for the heads up! i'm reading up on them and they seem to have most of the things i'll need

Fresh Paint

well my father seems adamant that if i was to create or purchase a computer quad core would be the way to go, while my cousin says tri core is best bang for buck, all the while i'm thinking that dual core is fine, i just need it around 3 ghz and that'll be plenty fast!

what do you guys think? with a quad core would i have cooling problems? also the choices for mother boards quickly diminish, tri cores i'm not even sure if i should approach and dual cores just seem to have all the choices in the world

just a reminder that i want this to be like a web browsing pc but when i want to i can hook it up to a larger tv and run an emulator on it full screen!