Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking news! 3 Tesla Motors Execs killed in plane crash in Palo Alto CA.

Default Re: Breaking news! 3 Tesla Motors Execs killed in plane crash in Palo Alto CA.

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    what I wonder is what the heck were they doing taking off in such heavy fog? There's a reason even airliners don't land or take off in those conditions...you just can't see a thing.
    That depends on the airport, aircraft, and if the pilot received the additional training for his instrument rating. Some airports are bursting at the seams with technology that allows aircraft (with the gear to receive the signals) to navigate the airport and takeoff/land in zero visibility. Other airports are a strip of pavement with a guy with binoculars in one hand and caffeinated coffee in the other. And none of this matters unless the pilot has been trained to use the equipment...the question is: was he?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Default Re: Breaking news! 3 Tesla Motors Execs killed in plane crash in Palo Alto CA.

The San Jose Mercury News, citing “sources close to the company,” identified the men as senior electrical engineer Doug Bourn, electrical engineer Andrew Ingram and Brian M. Finn, a senior manager of interactive electronics. Company officials could not be reached to confirm the News report, and the San Mateo County coroner has scheduled a noontime press conference to formally identify the victims.
    Courtesy Autopia
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

My Dad knew Brian Finn
    Says that Tesla is gonna get hit pretty hard because it's a small group of people
    Last edited by Ichbin; 02-21-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: im an ediot

You geeks need to express some sympathy once in a while. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those lost in this tragic accident.

-Paul
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.