Thread: CM Elite 335

You have died of dysentery. Juicebox's Avatar

Default CM Elite 335

Hello, I just registered to these forums today. My project is my old case, a Cooler Master Elite 335. I have one problem that I was hoping you guys could help me out with. The power switch seems to be faulty, is there a way to repair it, or will I have to replace the whole controller?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: CM Elite 335

Well, usually it's a fairly standard cheap switch, but even if you have to replace it, any momentary switch will do. Usually on newer Cooler Master cases, the switch isn't actually mounted on the front panel, so if you pull that off you should be able to get a better look at the switch itself.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Oh right. So I just pulled it out of the case, it looks like a very simple device. Any suggestions on replacements?

I'm going to test it out on my current pc just to be sure it is the switch that's problematic.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

It should be a fairly standard switch design; if you have any old cases lying around they might even be the same switch. If not, any momentary switch will do, it's just a matter of making it fit correctly (or entirely changing the switch design/placement).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Well, the switch turns out to be fully operational. I guess it was a problem with my previous motherboard? Anyway, back to modding the case.