Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Default d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Alright, in another thread Zephik asked about a weight loss formula, which does and does not exist depending on who you ask. The bottom line is that no matter how you do it, weight loss is not easy, and it isn't fun (for the most part).

My offer stands that anyone that can lose 25+ lbs between today and June 1st will get a prize from me. Depending on how many of you accept the challenge, it will either be a big prize or a small prize (I'm not made of money you know). For now, I'm leaning toward a $10 Newegg gift certificate to anyone who can do this.

To qualify you must take a starting picture and then update with a weekly photograph and weight update.

The job of the TBCS community is to keep us motivated and accountable for our weight loss.

My Plan:

The first thing I'm going to do is quit eating garbage. I eat too much sugar. This will definitely be the hardest thing about this three months. No sugar based cereals, no candy, no ice cream, no pie. :/

The second part of the plan is P90X. The farthest I've ever made it in this program is the end of the first month. I can't do that anymore. I've got to stick to it and I need you guys to help me stay motivated. A protein shake chaser will help me bulk up fast.

The third thing I'm going to do is get a new bike and ride every weekend. There are tons of trails around where I live. My wife is going to get a bike too and then we can ride together, which will be great.

Some final details will include not consuming any calories after 9PM every night and being in bed before midnight. Healthy habits like these can make a huge difference in your overall health and well being. I haven't been doing so great lately and now is a good time to fix my sorry ways.

Day 1:

I just weighed myself on the bathroom scale. I weigh 206.2lbs. I'm 6'4". This makes my BMI 25.097. Crap! I'm overweight! I've never been overweight! I need to lose it and keep it off. My goal is 180lbs. I weighed 175 in high school, but I was really skinny and had little to no muscle mass. I should be able to hit 180, which will be 25lbs lost and should be less fat and more muscle than high school.

Default Re: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Hrm.. I just calculated my BMI to be 33.7... yeah, I'm ashamed. Ok, I'm in for this too.

5'10, 235lbs atm.

1. I'm with you on the "eating garbage" thing. I'm bad also.. no more fast food or soda.
    2. P90x? No thanks.. I tried that already.. I'm too out of shape. I'll start on P90.
    3. No calories after 7pm for me.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Jokes aside, I really do need to get into better shape. I think I'll wait on posting the before pics until I have a decent "after" pic to post with it. Yeah, I'm a bit ashamed.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

im huge(6'1 350ish), and i need to do this too. working long days in an office doesn't go well with healthy behavior.

been trying to cut the garbage, switched to drinking water 90% of the time.
    i really need to cut pre-prepared food completely out of my diet, and get more exercise than just playing in the yard with my kids.

I just finished P90X for today. I did Chest and Back as directed by the workout guide. I'm somewhat nauseous and still need to do ab ripper x for today. I have my protein shake in hand and I'm trying to down it without triggering a vomit response. It's amazing how much you can feel it in your muscles even after one hard workout. They're bigger already! Haha.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

their ab ripper workout is a ***** (self-censored).

Good luck reaching your goal
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I'll be watching this thread. As someone who went from a BMI of ~18.2 to 25.7 in the span of 8 months due to having one offending organ removed from my body, I have to say for once in my life I am relatively happy with my body, even if I am slightly overweight.

That said, the thought has crossed my mind to lose 10 to 15 pounds.

Good luck, and let us know how the P90X program is kicking your ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I could do it rather quickly, but I'm underweight and fighting as it is.

Best of luck to you all!
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

For anyone who wants to participate, but doesn't have 25lbs to lose. I'll try to figure out a smaller prize. I'm not completely sure what to get, but it would be pretty cheap.

I'll be joining in on this, will post up pics soon as I get off my lazy ass. I weighed myself this afternoon, 197lbs @ 5'11'' (clothes on, shoes off ) so not looking good as of now. my target is ~170-175lbs. I have been going to the gym since the start of feb so I am forming the good habit of exercise, now the trick is to stay motivated.

lol lets do this people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Day 2

Today I did the P90X Plyometrics X workout. It's an hour long of jumps, squats, jump squats, squat jacks, leapfrog squats, lunges, Mary Katherines, and other stuff.

My back hurts from yesterday's workout so I took some drugs about 30 min before working out. Right after the workout I mixed up about 80g of protein in 1cup of milk. It was thick and not that great, but not horrible either. Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be my harder days to workout because I'm out of the house from 9AM to 5PM. Tuesdays I have meetings after 5 as well, so it doesn't help. The good thing is that I never have homework due on Wednesday or Friday, so I can workout as my homework.

I don't get money from Beachbody for saying this, but P90X really is a great workout. The big motto is "do your best, forget the rest." Tony Horton is really good about getting you past your mental blocks to keep you motivated through the hour long workouts. They are also designed really well to warm you up (hard) for the first 20 minutes, kill you in the middle 20, and then ease up a little (still really tough) for the last 20 minutes to destroy whatever you have left. Tony is really good about telling you to just show up, just hit the play button and keep coming back every day. You don't have to perform like a star every day, all you have to do is your best and that is good enough. How could you expect any more than that anyway?

Finally, here is what I ate today.

90 Calorie cereal bar for breakfast.
    Tuna sandwich
    ~15 lowfat pringles
    The last slice of Pumpkin Pie (it was crowding the fridge)
    A pork chop with apple sauce
    Protein shake