Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Default Re: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Should I start my own thread for this? probably huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Yeah. Anyone who wants to participate should start their own thread. I'm not going to be inclined to hand over a prize if we didn't see three months worth of hard work. Also, it's easy to cheat and not stick with it if you aren't being held accountable for making good decisions.

k after I work out today I will start my own thread. finally took (embarrassing!) before pictures. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I'm over 260lbs. I'm fat, but after 11 years of being fit in the military I really don't care if I'm fat as a civilian
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

awesome idea, ill definatly be joining you now. thanks for the inspiration!

Fresh Paint

Well I'm glad that you are taking this step and actually waking up and decide to lose weight, Well I wanted to lose weight before but i failed at it many times, My idea of losing weight is cutting food. And thats it, And that is not healthy at all, I suggest working out and asking health professionals on how to lose that extra chunky meat.. It worked fine for me, I don't know in pounds but i lost around 10KG's and that is something. =]
    Smoking is BAD, That's why i smoke.

Day 3

Today's P90X workout was shoulders and arms. I was in a lot of pain before doing the workout, and even now the flexors in my elbows are killing. If one thing is true though, it's that working out sore muscles does nothing but make them feel better.

After looking at my food intake yesterday, I realized that I need to be eating more. This may seem strange, but it's true. If my muscles don't have the energy to work out, then this whole thing will be an uphill battle. On that note, this is what I ate today.

Two big bowls of Chex.
    Three PB&J sandwiches (not super healthy)
    A tuna sandwich (shoulda swithed out some of those PB&Js for more of these).
    A protein shake with 80g of protein.

My wife made brownies for some people in our ward (church congregation) who just had a baby. I wanted to eat one, but decided that if I was going to I needed to weigh less than 200lbs. I will not say what my weight was, but I did not get to have a brownie. I attribute this to my calorie intake and the fact that I've been drinking a lot of water. I'm fine with it. I know that my daily, or even hourly weight does not change the fact that I've been eating better and working out.

Since diluzio91 posted some before-I-got-fat pictures I thought I should too. From my senior year. These show off just how thin I was, but also just how scrawny I was too. Despite being so thin I did not have a six pack. The over-the-hill moment for my fitness should not have been in high school. I gotta get in the best shape of my life now.

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

LOL, I 1st looked at the picture without reading, I thought that was you now & saying your fat lol, up to age 19 I was lanky 6 foot 3 @ 11 stone, good gust of wind and I'd probably fall over hehe.
    I have no before I got fat pictures, was before digital cameras so I'd either have to get a scanner or take a picture of a picture, but have been told I didn't look fat at all even at 19 stone, but personally I know I had a beer barrel, not a six pack lol, too much beer & fast food.

Right now I'm 235lbs.

Count me in on this lose a bit of weight gig, don't want a prize though, the prize will be losing the jelly belly .
    I want to lose a stone as it's all on my belly, nowhere else so it's time to stop having sugar in my coffee & only now & again have some junk food , I'm on my 2nd coffee without sugar, yuck, already missing the sugar hehe, may as well take up herbal tea lol, but I'll get used to it, done it before, can do it again, I'll see how much fat that loses, I think that's all I'll have to do and carry on as normal with regular excercise & not over eating .

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Im in too guys me and one of the guys at the hut lol. Have been talking about joining the 24hr Gym just a block or so away soon as i get a little extra cash im in in @ 5 10 215 now i would like to drop 50lbs but 25 would definitely help

One Week Update

Alright so it has been one week. I think it is better to post weekly updates instead of daily. Thursday I got a bicycle and it was a very busy day anyway, so P90X just plain didn't happen. My wife and I went bowling with some friends that night as well and I had buffalo wings, which aren't bad as long as they aren't the deep fad fried version (they weren't). The bad thing was that I ate too many. I felt pretty gross after.

Friday I skipped P90X on account of my new bike and went riding instead. I love the feeling of your muscles getting hotter and hotter as you do a repetitive motion such as cycling. It's just so good.

I didn't do a proper workout Saturday either, but I went and played paintball for about five hours, so I don't feel bad at all.

Sunday is the day of rest, so that's exactly what I am going to do every Sunday. No work or workout for me. Just worship, meditation, relaxation, and family time.

Now for the results of one week of working out and eating better. I weighed myself again after doing P90X Chest and Back. 207.3! There are a few options for what is happening. One: I ate fish and rice for dinner. It's low fat, high protein food and I ate quite a bit. Two: While working out I try to drink plenty of water. I easily have a spare half gallon or more in my stomach when I weigh in. Three: I am replacing the fat with muscle. It's possible, although I don't really have faith that this is the case. Four: I am gaining muscle and keeping the fat. This is more likely, but unwanted. I would rather lose fat and gain no muscle if I had a choice between three and four. Five: I am just getting fatter. This one is also a possibility, although it is quite unlikely considering that I am doing a lot more activity and eating so much better.

When I weighed in earlier this week to see if I would be allowed to eat a brownie I was at 204, so I'm pretty sure this is just a full stomach sort of thing. It's still not very encouraging.