Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Default Re: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Always weigh yourself at the same time of day. Normally morning before breakfast works the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Custom Title Honors

Nice job. As long as you keep on yourself you should be good to go. I am in the same boat, 5'11" and 207 as of this morning. not to thread steal but I have been doing the pushups per a website (can i post it here? don't want to get flagged as advert) and have noticed a difference but haven't seen any weight loss.

My guess is I am gaining some muscle but not losing much of the fat. Might have to take you up on this challenge. Looking to join the Army and this would definitely help!

Good Luck!

PS- pmed you.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Feel free to post anything that you think might help people. You definitely won't be stepping on my toes. Also, thanks for the PM. We'll see how things are in three months!

Custom Title Honors

The site was http://hundredpushups.com/. They also have a link to two hundred situps and two hundred squats. I have only done the pushups so far and I am able to now do in the low to mid 20's in a row. Prior to starting I was barely able to do 10.

Don't forget to stay hydrated and take breaks if necessary. Overexerting yourself isn't going to help and an injury may put you back to where you started.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Day 22

I forgot to update on day 15, but things were pretty much the same. P90X, some cycling. On Saturday the 13th Chelsea and I went shooting with some friends. We played a version of bump, but with shotguns. There were also lots of rifles and pistols of varying calibers. All in all there were about a dozen people out having a good time.

Last week was spring break, so instead of working extra hard on the dieting and exercise I took a break from P90X. On Monday I pretty much did nothing but clean the apartment. It needed to have a nice deep cleaning and I was happy to do it. That night we had the missionaries over for dinner and I invited some friends over as well. It was pretty fun and relaxing.

On Tuesday my friend Ken and I got on our bicycles and headed over to Pullman. We stopped at DQ and ate whatever we wanted. I had an Oreo Cheese-quake blizzard with Butterfinger, and a crispy flamethrower chicken sandwich. It tasted pretty darn good. The entire trip was about 21-22 miles and was a pretty good workout despite all the crappy food we ate at the midway point. That night Chelsea and I went over to Ken & Chelsie's place for burgers. We had brownies and ice cream for dessert. It was fun, but I was tired and felt a little bad. I don't think I was a great guest because I could feel my mind drifting off.

Wednesday through Friday I just sorta farted around the apartment and internet. I played a fair amount of computer games, which was nice. By Friday I was getting a little restless and I was feeling ready to do something like mod or program or something, but didn't. On Saturday Chelsea and I did a repeat of what Ken and I did on Tuesday. Again, another 21-22 miles on the bikes, and I ate the same thing I did on Tuesday at DQ.

Today I weighed myself. 204.8 lbs. Not awful considering all the crap I ate and the fact I was pretty inactive for the week, but I'm not losing weight and the first month is getting close to being over. It's also not enough of a loss to be confirmed as fat. It could just be water. Darn. I gotta recommit myself. I fall out of my routine so easily. I guess the thing I gotta do it just get back on it.

I didn't do P90X today. My last class got out at 12:20, and there were "first come first serve" interviews in Pullman for summer jobs on the WSU campus starting at 1:30. About 11 miles and one hour later I got to the building. There was a large line forming already, but I filled out an application and had three interviews for different positions on campus. I'm about 99% sure that I have a job maintaining the grounds during the summer. If I don't get that then I'm almost positive that I'll get a custodial position. After the interviews I headed to Chelsea's work and she gave me a ride home. My total biking distance was 12.8 miles. Nice!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I just wanted to chime in with some encouragement here, this is a hard thing to do. Keep it up.

Add my vote to always weighing at the same time of day. Also, you may not want to weigh very often. Not seeing the gains (or losses) you want can be discouraging.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

I lost 15lbs at 2 weeks after my last post on this thread just by having no sugar in my coffee, it was not nice at first though, but got used to it & managed 2 weeks, weighing myself morning & night at the same times then went back but only 1 sugar instead of 2 or 3 & my weight has stayed the same, a good bit of the flab has melted away too , not been exercising neither, I could do a bit more to get rid of the flab completely but not just yet, I have slipped up & pigged out on junk food a couple of times lol but got the ballance back pretty fast, thanks for starting this d_stilgar .

I remember when I reached 19 stone & got back down to 14 & felt like I could do crazy aerial maneuvers with the extra weight not being there it was a good feeling & wouldn't mind getting it back .

I've cut out most processed sugars and sweets from my diet, cut down soda and coffee, and stepped up the raw foods. I'm down 12 lbs with very little additional exercising above the usual amount!

My bike is coming out of the shed tonight.. I've been meaning to pull it out for a few weeks, but I've just been too busy. Tonight..... I ride.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I've been eating some sugars lately and again I'm not going to make it to phase 2 of P90X. It is so hard to stay motivated with that. I really need to make some permanent changes to my sleeping habits. Food has been better in general though. More good stuff, less bad.

I'm also riding my bike to and from school every day. I love that. I'm debating whether or not I'll ride to work over the summer. They job is very early in the morning and it's about 11 miles from my apartment, so to be on the safe side I'll have to give myself a little more than an hour to get there, especially if it's windy.

That said I'm almost down to 200 from the 209 max I had there when working out and trying to eat right. My wife is also going on a trip for a week and a half and I want to see if I can do a "biggest loser" 10lb loss while she's gone. I'm going to do a Brad Pitt diet and work out. It should be good. I lost an average of 1lb a day when I did it before, and there is so much food you eat.

Custom Title Honors

Looks like your doing pretty good. Any updates?

Also, I started drinking a lot more water and really haven't exercised like I should be, but I am now down to 202-204 depending on the day. I used the below links and it has helped me. I know a lot of people say "oh you can't eat this or that" but I still eat the same things.. just have to portion yourself and not go overboard. I noticed my biggest loss after drinking my 3 litre jug of water a day (4lbs in 3 days).

SHOULD BE USED AS A GUIDE
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...calculator.htm

and

http://www.shapeupshop.com/weightlos...ight-loss.html