Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Default Re: d_stilgar's three month weight loss.

Cool, project. I think losing that much weight would kill me, so I can't join. But I'm rooting for everyone involved.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Just a personal update. I'm down to 242. Started at possibly 259, but I think it might of been 255. The scale is sometimes 4 pounds off, which I didn't realize right away. But 255 to be safe, so I've lost 13 pounds. I even look thinner too, which is pretty damn encouraging. Just gotta make sure I weigh myself repeatedly to get an accurate reading.

Just keep at it, people! You can definitely do it with just a bit of resolve.

(I'm eating less @ about 800 to 1200 calories per day. I'm also walking a lot too. Between 40 minutes to 120 minutes per day. Eat less. Eat healthy. Exercise. It suprisingly works! Lol...)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I'm doing alright. I'm pretty stagnant at 200lbs. I need to make a big push. I did 20 miles on my bike today. Diet part hasn't been great. I do alright until my wife asks me to buy something sweet, then I eat it all.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I'm doing alright. I'm pretty stagnant at 200lbs. I need to make a big push. I did 20 miles on my bike today. Diet part hasn't been great. I do alright until my wife asks me to buy something sweet, then I eat it all.
    I've been pretty strict about that. Replace sweets with sugarless, low calorie ones.

In the past two months I've had one two liter of sugarless, zero calorie fizzy drink, a couple doughnuts annnddd... Hmmm. That might be it actually. I eat a lot of fruit which keeps me satisfied. Blend a lot of it. Makes a yummy drink.

If you do eat something loaded with calories, like sugary snacks, go for a run and burn off some energy that way your body doesn't have enough extra to store (aka fat). It works for me anyways. It's just a pain in the ass. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I like those water drinking articles. I'm going to make a point to drink more water.