Thread: windows 7 password.

Default windows 7 password.

All of a sudden my password for windows 7 doesn't work anymore. I was going to use orphcrack, but thats just gonna tell me the password I already know. How should I approach this. I have to use an ubuntu live cd right now. Should I just use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: windows 7 password.

Should I try to take all my data off my hdd and fresh install.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Overclocked

Have you tried using a different keyboard? i had a laptop in the shop that had the shift key stuck down but without the actual key being stuck. Just disconnected the internal keyboard and used a USB external and it worked fine.

XP used to do that with me sometimes after resuming from standby or hibernation. The fix for it was always a reboot.
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hmm, I didn't see this when you posted it.. I would recommend using either the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor or konboot. Konboot patches the OS in RAM, and completely bypasses the authentication process. So, basically, that one boot you can log in with no password, then change it to whatever.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

It's really hard to hack the password in W7. I don't even know why people even use them...

I use the Emergency Boot CD (EBCD) to hack the password in systems XP and prior, but it never works in Vista or W7
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440