Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally have a dedicated workbench!

Default Re: Finally have a dedicated workbench!

I like that last pic. I was thinking up a custom workbench the other day in preparation for the day I move out of this damn apartment. About how much did that frame run you? It looks very 'industrial'...like the shelves at Home Depot or something. lol
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I like that last pic. I was thinking up a custom workbench the other day in preparation for the day I move out of this damn apartment. About how much did that frame run you? It looks very 'industrial'...like the shelves at Home Depot or something. lol
    Thanks,

The rack system is Gorrilla brand. and yes, its very sturdy. I got it a local hardware store called Menards. Not sure if they are located anywhere else.
    They sell it by the piece and have all kinds of different sizes of pieces, that way you can make it any size you like.
    In total, the steel ran about $150. not the cheapest, but it should last forever!

Oh yeah, there's a Menards 3 miles from here. I've been all around it but never inside. I'll have to check that out. I was going to build stuff out of wood, but if I can get a pre-assembled steel frame for a decent price I'll do it. I suppose I'll check Home Depot and Lowes while I'm at it...although I've never seen anything like that at either of those stores.

Keep us updated on this if you further upgrade it. Especially concerning a drillpress.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Oh yeah, there's a Menards 3 miles from here. I've been all around it but never inside. I'll have to check that out. I was going to build stuff out of wood, but if I can get a pre-assembled steel frame for a decent price I'll do it. I suppose I'll check Home Depot and Lowes while I'm at it...although I've never seen anything like that at either of those stores.
    A modder who lives near Menards and hasn't been in?!?!?!?

But seriously I can't speak for Lowes, because there isn't one near me, but Menards is almost always cheaper than Home Depot. Heck most of my house comes from there as we remodel bit by bit. The biggest difference that I've seen is Menards doesn't always have as much selection on everything (light and pluming fixtures, flooring). But overall great store.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    A modder who lives near Menards and hasn't been in?!?!?!?

But seriously I can't speak for Lowes, because there isn't one near me, but Menards is almost always cheaper than Home Depot. Heck most of my house comes from there as we remodel bit by bit. The biggest difference that I've seen is Menards doesn't always have as much selection on everything (light and pluming fixtures, flooring). But overall great store.
    lol, thanks for that. No worries, I'll check them out soon.

Just had to give you a hard time . It is a great store though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field