Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw a Bugatti Veyron today...

Default Re: Saw a Bugatti Veyron today...

My wife worked for a web design company down here, and her boss owns a Lambo Murcielago. He took me for a ride one day, and we did a bunch of photos of it all over town.

I have to say, I dont think I'd spend that much money on one, but it was hella fun. Noisy, uncomfortable, and difficult to get in/out of. But FAST, and the looks we got were priceless.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hahaha, yeah, the price is a bit of a problem. I would be much more likely to get (or better yet, build) something along the lines of the Ariel Atom. Crazy fast and fairly cheap.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Just remembered that I once passed what looked like a nice mercedes parked on the side of a 2-lane high-speed-limit street that runs past some homes in the $20-30 mil price range...when I got closer I was rather astonished to see that it was a Maybach. Who the heck parks a Maybach on the side of the road???? It wasn't even close to any driveways...weird.
    i'd love to see a Factory Five GTM in person...if I had my first choice of car that'd be it. beautiful, super fast, and WAY cheaper than a ferrari or lambo. Not that i'd mind either one of those.
    In all seriousness though, I suspect my "sports car" in this life will be a really nice grand piano someday. first choice if I had the $$ and space? $164,000 10-foot Fazioli concert grand. Heck, even their baby grands cost as much as a porsche. But from what I've heard, they're the best pianos in the world today. oh hey. if I could get a million people to give me a few pennies each...hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    Just remembered that I once passed what looked like a nice mercedes parked on the side of a 2-lane high-speed-limit street that runs past some homes in the $20-30 mil price range...when I got closer I was rather astonished to see that it was a Maybach. Who the heck parks a Maybach on the side of the road???? It wasn't even close to any driveways...weird.
    Maybe somone was vistiting some for tea and scones.
    Need a sig

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    Just remembered that I once passed what looked like a nice mercedes parked on the side of a 2-lane high-speed-limit street that runs past some homes in the $20-30 mil price range...when I got closer I was rather astonished to see that it was a Maybach. Who the heck parks a Maybach on the side of the road????
    Perhaps the same kind of person who owns a $20-30 million house?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV