Thread: Review: 32GB Super Talent Pico-C Gold Edition

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Review: 32GB Super Talent Pico-C Gold Edition

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=477]Review: 32GB Super Talent Pico-C Gold Edition[/drupal]

It always amazes me how small our gadgets keep on getting. Flash drives are no exception either. I remember getting my first flash drive that was a mere 32MB and quite a bit bigger than today's review subject. The Super Talent Pico C has got to be the smallest flash drive available in 32GB!...more

Default Re: Review: 32GB Super Talent Pico-C Gold Edition

I can't believe nobody else has commented on how awesome this is! I remember paying close to $400 for 4GB 5 or 6 years ago... Stupid technology, getting better and cheaper at the same time...
    The only con that I can think of is also a pro: it's small size/weight. I know I'd lose these things like crazy...doesn't take that big of a hole in your pocket these days. Hopefully pocket technology can keep up.
    By the way, nice review!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I actually have a 4gb drive which is as small, if not smaller than this one - I keep it on my jeans pocket, in that tiny stupid lil pocket inside the front right pocket - there's nothing much else will go in there and it'll never slip out :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heh, I missed this review...

I actually have the 8GB version of this drive (well, not with the gold plating, but other than that the two lines are identical). I got it almost 2 years ago and while it's not as fast as my other flash drives (which it looks like they still haven't fixed), I've been extremely happy with it. There are a few companies that make slightly smaller drives, but this is the sturdiest flash drive I have ever seen. I would even say it's physically tougher than an Ironkey. It's basically a solid slab of stainless steel with a tiny flash drive stuck inside (and gold-plated in the case of the gold line). Case in point; it's in my pocket with my keys almost 24/7, has been through the washer...more times than I care to admit..., and even spent a week or two on the ground outside my parents' house, buried in snow, when I lost it. It still works just as well as it did the day I took it out of the package...scratched to hell and back, but still works great.

Mine is a bit thick, so sometimes it's difficult to get it in/out of USB plugs, but at least you don't have to worry about breaking the drive. Another thing I would point out that you can't really see from pictures is that unlike other similarly sized USB drives, the plug isn't flat all the way across. It has little metal ridges on the sides, so you never have to worry about accidentally putting it in upside down.

I keep mine on a little chain with the restraining disc from a laptop HDD. I find that keeps it from getting lost...most of the time.. Here's a pic of that, and comparing it to a few other drives and a pen.

Overall, I agree; definitely a 5/5.

..unfortunately, it looks like Newegg doesn't stock any Super Talent USB drives anymore. :*(
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV