Thread: Need an idea on a new casse

Fresh Paint

Question Need an idea on a new casse

Hi all..

Well after looking at hundreds of cases, I have not really seen anything that I like. After completely destroying my old case, ( First time modder ) I think that it is officially time for a new case. After installing a new blow hole on the top of my computer, I finally tested it out yesterday. If you really want to know how it went, then go down in your shed or garage and start you lawn mower! LOL! I'm not even kidding! It sounded like a lawnmower!

Anyways, back to the topic. I'm looking for a case that is nice and roomy. I've recently bought a water cooling system for the inside of my computer, which I am still waiting to arrive. I want a case where I can show off this beauty. I don't need any special temperature readers on the front because of the water cooling. It comes with a LCD: http://telewizor.eu temp display thing and fan controller. Also, will I need to be running any fans with this water cooling system? From what i've read about water cooling, it seems that you don't need to be running any fans at all.

Thanks again

Marc Jacklitch
    Read the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

Default Re: Need an idea on a new casse

I'm starting a new build, and after looking at a lot of cases (most likely all of them). I liked the Thermaltake Tsunami and the Thermaltake Armour. For stock cases with some flash and features I really liked these two. But I like plain cases, rather then "alien" looking type things. There were other cases I liked, but they had cooling or were already modifided in some way.

My freind built before me with the Tsunami, and my Armour is enroute from NewEgg as we speak. I'm going to put grab handles on it, but that's the only modding I'm doing to it. The Tsunami was pretty "roomy" to build in, and the Armour is suppose to be even bigger.

Is there a style or look your going for?

Resident Alcoholic

Default Re: Need an idea on a new casse

So far as the fans go, yes you will need an intake fan and exaust fan. Watercooling will only cool the hotspots of your computer - you need a good unrestricted airflow through your computer to clear the warm air.Your blowhole realy shouldnt sound that loud - have you tested the fan outside of the case? if it is as loud outside as inside then you should replace it.