Thread: Need case for oversize server mobo

Default Need case for oversize server mobo

I have a dual proc server mobo that is (as far as I can tell) not any standard form factor.

It is standard ATX height (305mm) and appears to have the ATX mounting screw holes. However, it is extra DEEP (to the tune of 330mm) and runs into the back of the drive cage in the cases I have tried to fit it into.

Anyone know of any cases with room? Perhaps even have some grungy old case laying around that you dont have a use for? This mobo is going to be the new host for my Windows Home Server/Web/File/Print/Ventrilo server.

Default Re: Need case for oversize server mobo

Quote Originally Posted by Killdrath View Post
    I have a dual proc server mobo that is (as far as I can tell) not any standard form factor.

It is standard ATX height (305mm) and appears to have the ATX mounting screw holes. However, it is extra DEEP (to the tune of 330mm) and runs into the back of the drive cage in the cases I have tried to fit it into.

Anyone know of any cases with room? Perhaps even have some grungy old case laying around that you dont have a use for? This mobo is going to be the new host for my Windows Home Server/Web/File/Print/Ventrilo server.
    You have an Eatx mobo. Plenty of cases will fit it, you just have to look around.

EDIT: I actually have 2 cases sitting next to me that will fit it. Where are you located?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I'm in Seattle.

Amusingly, the website I was using to see what form factor it was had Eatx listed wrong. I looked on a second site and sure enough...

Just a bump. Looking for a cheap (definitely dont have to be pretty) EATX case.

i have a SuperMicro SC750A sitting in my basement. its a huge server case. so ill let you have it for 20usd plus shipping.

pm me if you want to know more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide