Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

That looks sweet. Just a short question and it might sound a bit daft but how much, if any, difference does the paint make to the weight of a fan. Will it have any effect on the performance of the fan or very little effect? Any ways I can't wait to see this done, Good job dude . Oh and how are Yer lungs keepin up. Hope Yer well!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by blue73
    That looks sweet. Just a short question and it might sound a bit daft but how much, if any, difference does the paint make to the weight of a fan. Will it have any effect on the performance of the fan or very little effect? Any ways I can't wait to see this done, Good job dude . Oh and how are Yer lungs keepin up. Hope Yer well!
    I've painted fans before, and they always seem to work just fine. As to how much it effects the performance, I'm not sure. But, I'll bet each coat slows it down minutely.

As to my lungs. Well, I probably shouldn't be painting (even with a mask, using non toxic paints), and I'm still coughing all the time. But I do feel better, and laying in bed has always been hard for me to do. Just finished off the antibiotics, so, it better be kicked. Thanks for asking

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Man, i would love to have a garage like that (you know, with all the motherboards and stuff, etc).

Perhaps you could hook some of us up? i could use new RAM =D

On the mod:
    So much on just that top panel, wow.

I would say to take out the mesh (unless you can't) and repaint the black, then gloss it (i think that if you made this case so reflective it could blind you, that would be awesome).

Overclocked

While waiting for a new respirator, I decided to start getting a plan and supplies for a homemade paint booth.

Instead of something like this.

Which is fine (and the guy did a great job) ... but I wanted something better. Safer, for all the stuff I have in my garage. So ... I started looking on the net for some examples.

And this one caught my eye.

Simple to make, cheap. and completely enclosed. Which is what I wanted.
    So, I'm getting the PVC, tarp, lights, duct vent, and fans, form Home Depot. And ordering the filters (most expensive stuff so far, about $60-$80 per) from an internet site.

And going to make this.

Since I have a large 2 car garage and laundry area. And I only have one car (tired of moving it to paint) I have plenty of room for a paint booth setup in the far right corner. I thought I would splice into the dryer duck for the exhaust (having a filter on that end as well, to keep from having a paint splash on the outside of my garage's dryer vent)

I'm pretty sure I can build it for less then $350 (with filters).

When I'm finished with it, I'll post some pics.

Meantime ... I painted the fan shroud a pearl white.
    I'm waiting on the new respirator before I spray the clear on all the parts waiting.

With an idea of the fan with shroud (just placed on top)

Remember, no sanding or clear coat yet. It will shine when finished.

Other stuff waiting for clear.

Rankenphile

Good stuff. That spray booth looks great.

ATX Mental Case

Dont splice into your dryer vent at all costs.. the fumes will back track onto the clothes and you will be struck down by the all mighty herself.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Drac998
    Dont splice into your dryer vent at all costs.. the fumes will back track onto the clothes and you will be struck down by the all mighty herself.

Didn't think of that.

Okay ... that means I'll have to switch them out for each use. Which is pretty easy really. The dryer just has a big 6" snap ring, and I'll get the same snap ring for the paint exhaust duct.

Rankenphile

Actually, you should be able to install an in-line one-way valve ont he dryver vent just befoure the coupling you use to join the two, which should prevent back-up. But then again, one tiny problem and you'd be in it deep. And nobody wants to raise the wrath of the almighty one herself.

Overclocked

After I read the above. I thought about some kinds of valve, even if was just a slide in panel of some sort. But then wondered if the heat from the dryer, when on, would re-heat the dried paint in the one part that is used for the paint exhaust, and still make everything smell like paint. I think just having to remember which one is being used, and hook up the right duct to the outside would work best.

Anodized

wow that is good im going to have top try this booth myself
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope