Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Quote Originally Posted by AceX
    A great car mod is started. Hoo rah!

If you want, I can send you some pics and such of the lambo door hinges on my car so that you can try and put them on a case, if not, I'm going to do that someday.

Oh yeah... Lambo doors on a computer case
    Sure, just post them here. I may not use them, but I might. Anything to give ideas helps too. I was thinking of doing the air-foil on the Countach (haven't seen that yet), but the scoop and the foil may be too much.

I am flattered to be listed among such esteemed company! Kinda funny, those two guys are people that I follow and learn from extensively! Love their work.

A 'Cuda scoop would look sick... fat an low profile... did it have a split down the middle of it? Am I remembering correctly? If it is the one that I remember... might have to make one for a desktop case (ones that lay flat instead of standing up tall like regular cases...)

Looking forward to the work! I can't wait to see how you pull this off!

I have some unfinished bitsies to get done on BOSS, but they are less important than some of the server building I am doing for the home right now.

Ok... enough of the feel good... nose to the grindstone! Get to work!
    <j/k>

hehehehe

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    I am flattered to be listed among such esteemed company! Kinda funny, those two guys are people that I follow and learn from extensively! Love their work.
    You do some fantastic work yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    A 'Cuda scoop would look sick... fat an low profile... did it have a split down the middle of it? Am I remembering correctly?
    Yes, it had two low profile scoops. It had a line between them if that's what you mean by a split. Sort of a small bump that ran down the length of the hood between the scoops. My brother could answer most of the tough questions. I know it was a 383 and had three carburetors ... he told me enough times It was in perfect shape, and I sold it for 14,000 (I asked him first if he minded since he gave it to me for free). I thought that was a lot of money then ... but he keeps telling me how much more it's worth today ... opps! I do miss sometimes. But it was toooooo fast and ate toooo much gas for me.

ATX Mental Case

I'll post some pics as soon as I get my car back. I'm not sure if I can actually take off the thinges and take pics because they are on the car and fit dam well and I don't want to screw that up, but I am taking off the fender and will post pics of them hinges/doors in action.

And yeah, Tech-Daddy is god. Well, more like Jesus. Paul is God. Defyant, more like the Holy Spirit. I worship all of their work

Overclocked

Default Working With Leather

Okay, it's 2:30am and I'm up doing leather Since I have tomorrow off, and just checked UPS tracking (amber LEDs come in today - Friday ... great, I'll have all weekend to do the hood scoop) So ... I decided to jump to the Musketeer leather work tonight.

What kind of Lamborghini would it be if it didn't have a leather interior? A cheap one I guess.

First, you'll need something for the leather to cover. I'm starting with this. A Musketeer Component.

I decided to keep the face plate and just cover it.

Then, you'll need some leather of course. I just so happen to have a 1/4 of a cow laying around. I use the expensive fine purse leather. It's easy to work with, cut, and glue.

I'll start by taking the Musketeer apart.

And end up with this.

A habit I got into a long time ago was to catalog everything so you can put it back together again the right way. It helps!

I always put a post-it in the bag telling me which screws go where.

Next, cut a piece of leather a little bigger then you'll need.

You can use scissors or a razor for this. For purse leather, scissors work great for big pieces.

Once you have your component piece cut, you'll need to make the fine cuts.

Place your component on top of the leather. Use whatever you can to outline the fine cuts. I found not to much works on leather. So I just use a fine point pen for the outlines (they make enough of an impression to see). Before you do that, flip the leather over and work on the back side of the leather.

See the impressions.

Now is the time for a good sharp razor.

Cut about a 1/2" (12-13mm) from the edge of the component so you can overlap it around the component.

For my component I ended up with this.

Bottom piece.

Now, you'll need to do the fine cuts. I'll need 3 circles and 2 vertical slits.
    The slits only, are so I can fold over the excess leather into the component, and the same for the circles.

Simple slit.

And smaller cuts for the circles. You need some extra for folding into the component. About a 1/4" (5-6mm). You don't want to cut it exact because it will have edges you'll be able to see. And that sucks.

Once you have your fine cuts made, you'll need to prep the leather.
    Iron it first. Flip it over and place a clean towel over it. Now iron it to get out all the wrinkles. Works great.

Once you have it prepped. You need to get some leather glue. OR ... you can use any of these.

Cheapo glue gun you can pick up for $4.95. Super Glue, Vinyl Glue, and best of all ... leather glue. I have used them all and they do work.

Notice the fine paint brushes. I use these to apply the glue on small pieces like this. You can use anything you have. Paint brush, Q-tips, tip of anything pointed, or your finger if you want. Not for super glue though, if that's what you end up using. You'll end up going to work with a piece of leather on your finger.

It just so happens, after all of this, I found out I ran out of leather glue.
    So, I'll run down to the depot tomorrow (need other stuff anyway) and finish off the part of the mod before I start on the hood scoop. I'll post pics of this before I do the scoop.

Also, tomorrow when I finish off this leather piece. I'll show you some trick cuts you'll need to make for the leather to fold just right without bunching up and leaving bumps in the leather folds. And you have to be quick, before the glue dries.

See ya!

lookin nice, keep it up

Fresh Paint

hey MDCS I saw this and imediatly thought of your mod

looks kinda cool(massive though)

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarfiend
    hey MDCS I saw this and imediatly thought of your mod
    looks kinda cool(massive though)
    It is cool looking. And maybe I can convert it for something else. I'm going water cooled (I always do ). I wonder what size it really is? Sitting on the CPU like that, it might not be too big. Too bad the description sucks. It's Vantec, so I'll check out some US sites to see if they give better size examples. Thanks

Overclocked

Yeah, it won't fit my board anyway. I have a 939.

Dimension: 83.0x 70.0x 84.8mm

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556040101.html

Cheaper price ... $34.95
    http://www.casecooler.com/vama1hecpuco.html

Still cool. Maybe a HDD or convert for something else?

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    It is cool looking. And maybe I can convert it for something else. I'm going water cooled (I always do ). I wonder what size it really is? Sitting on the CPU like that, it might not be too big. Too bad the description sucks. It's Vantec, so I'll check out some US sites to see if they give better size examples. Thanks
    I liked the kinda intagrated tail fin idea, which brings me to another question, you gonna put a lamborghini trade mark tail fin on this thing??