Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    And to Omega ... yes I know what it's called. Is it okay if I still call it a lazy-sue like I always have? As to the time ... yup, it's going to take awhile. I'm in no hurry to finish this. I want it done right, not fast.

Hell, you could call it a whirl-a-majigy-thingy and as long as you know the actaul name i am fine with it =p

aaaanywho, i know the quality over speed thing.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Hmmm... very nice. I think I want one of those.... but I need something for very fine spray work... say art for example.... but I don't know anything about airbrushing.... that's the problem...

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Hell, you could call it a whirl-a-majigy-thingy and as long as you know the actaul name i am fine with it =p
    As long as you know mobo means motherboard, I'm fine with it.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by crenn
    Hmmm... very nice. I think I want one of those.... but I need something for very fine spray work... say art for example.... but I don't know anything about airbrushing.... that's the problem...
    Not quite sure which you mean. The booth, you need to build. The airbrush ... well, Paasche makes some really nice ones for art work. I have one, and most that I know off, allow you to change from fine (small artwork) to medium, to large. And they're easy to switch over from one to the other.
    They have a VL series starting at around $80 to $110 that is supposed to be pretty good for an artist. Badger and Iwata have great airbrushes as well.
    Just really depends on what you want to spend.

Overclocked

Since the front will be opened and closed all the time, I used the flexible
    primer again for the front.

Front sanded and first 3 light coats of flexible primer.

And all the ASUS decals are gone!

Once painted pearl red, that will mean the top, both doors, and front
    will be ready for the candy, then clear coats.

Before I finish with the primer and paint it pearl red though, I need to drill the
    hole for the video cam.

Lens comes off.

Where I want to put it. Front top (top is upside down in shot)

The problem.

The inside. No room for it.

I need some ideas on this one. I want to add the video cam to the top of the
    case, but I can't fit it in where I want to put it. Which is dead center, top of
    front. It's off about 1/16 from fitting. I thought maybe inside the hood scoop,
    behind the mesh? Any suggestions?

The back.

Also, my new Dremel broke. Worked great for a couple of months ... oh well.
    Wonder what the policy for returns on them are? I bought it from Home
    Depot (still have receipt). Guess I'll try there first.

The collet snapped. So, now nothing can be tightened.

The missing collet.

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    Not quite sure which you mean. The booth, you need to build. The airbrush ... well, Paasche makes some really nice ones for art work. I have one, and most that I know off, allow you to change from fine (small artwork) to medium, to large. And they're easy to switch over from one to the other.
    They have a VL series starting at around $80 to $110 that is supposed to be pretty good for an artist. Badger and Iwata have great airbrushes as well.
    Just really depends on what you want to spend.
    I was talking about the air brushing mainly. And since I'm in Australia.... I believe it may be slightly harder for me to find air brushes. And I know I would need to build the booth... find a place for it is a problem... but I'm hoping to move out of home soon. And I would want to spend enough to allow me to do some case work and painting of a few devices, so around AUD$300-500

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by crenn
    I was talking about the air brushing mainly. And since I'm in Australia.... I believe it may be slightly harder for me to find air brushes. And I know I would need to build the booth... find a place for it is a problem... but I'm hoping to move out of home soon. And I would want to spend enough to allow me to do some case work and painting of a few devices, so around AUD$300-500

Sure, you can find lots of places down under that sell all the airbrushes. Most are international companies. Type it into google.au and I'm sure hundreds will come up. Good luck!

Rankenphile

You can pick up a new collet for a dollar or two at most hardware stores - I've seen them at Sears. Sears has the Craftsman line of rotary tools, but the parts are completely interchangeable.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    You can pick up a new collet for a dollar or two at most hardware stores - I've seen them at Sears. Sears has the Craftsman line of rotary tools, but the parts are completely interchangeable.

I have a craftsman rotary tool with a full set of dremel attachements =D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    That's good to know. I'll check it out. Thanks!