Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_rock_fury
    Maybe instead of building up, you could build in. If you have the space I think that cutting the top panel along three sides and bending a portion down could really help you get the lambo style.
    I'm not sure I have the space available to sink the scoop. I like your drawings though. And may try it. I'm going to try cutting the scoop in half (only problem will be the intake, not sure it will be large enough to be functional) and see if I like that better or not. Anyhoo ... I just ordered another case (I paid $139 from NewEgg, and found it for $89 at Page computers ... so much for NewEgg always having the best deals - Still love them though ) And if I don't like the half scoop, I'll try the sunken version. There may be enough room between the plastic outer case and the metal inner case. BUT ... not much room for the fan then. I'll have to make some measurements and see what I can figure out. The PSU doesn't leave me many options.

Thanks everyone!

Even if there is not enough room for a fan to fit complete vertical, you may be able to set it at an angle. Then just double check and leave yourself some room CFM-wise. The fan would be blowing air towards the top of the scoop and would suffer some flow. If you take that into consideration and make sure your exhaust fans push more then your intake, then it should be ok to suffer a little impediment.
    The key word is "should". That is just me thinking it out in my head, so there may be something I am not considering.
    There are others on this board that know leagues more then I do, so may be good to get a little confirmation for that.
    ***Impossible means it will just take more time***

Overclocked

Project starting again. First the roof, now a lost family member. Have been at Hospice last few weeks.

Anyhoo! I've been ordering parts. So far two 7900GT eVga cards, the AMD 60 CPU, the radiator, WB, tubing, remote control parts, 2 gigs of Corsair XMS Pro, and a few miscellaneous parts have come in. Will start with the hood scoop again, and hope to have pics up soon.

man... that parts list reads like a wet dream (no liquid cooled humor pun intended!)

Overclocked

Yeah, I thought if it's supposed to be a gaming case, I would go LP all the way on this one.

Here are some shots of the new stuff that has come in.

The AMD 60.

The vid cards, (2) 7900GTs. Should have gone for the GTXs, and I may save the GTs for a later case and get the GTXs anyway.

I decided to go with the DD rad instead of the TT rad. Which will be painter Pearlescent Red inside the white pearlescent case.

The remote anything. Thinking of using it for the scoop LEDs in case I want them off.

Going to just use the circuit board again on this for remote On/Off/Reset.

This is for LANs. I decided to try this puppy for sound, so I don't have to lug speakers. I'll mod it to look better. But if they sound like crap, I'll take them out. FrozenCPU or Performance-PCs has them for $45, I found this one for $36

A CMOS-USB Video CAM. Thought I might add it to the case with only the lens hole showing. $19 bucks, so had to try it.

And a backup case, in case I don't like the windows I'm planning on doing.

Tonight I'm going to work on the hood scoop again, then the side panels. Hope to have pics of that work tomorrow.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Wow! Wish I had the funds to undertake in such a project, it'd take me forever to save up for all that! Congrats on the new stuff.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Overclocked

Looks like another week before I start again. Now all kinds of relatives are flying in for the services. And my house is full of people I haven't seen for years. And it's just too hard to get things going with all these people around. I was hoping to immense myself in the mod to forget about what just happened ... but they all want to reminisce and it seems to just make it worse for me.

Closure and family take precidence in this instance.
    The case will always be there. "Family", as you have just experienced, will not always be there.

Spend time with them while you can, make memories while you can.

We will be here waiting patiently for the case updates, but first and formost, you work through your loss and help the remaining members of your clan through it too.

Take care.

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    Closure and family take precidence in this instance.
    The case will always be there. "Family", as you have just experienced, will not always be there.

Spend time with them while you can, make memories while you can.

We will be here waiting patiently for the case updates, but first and formost, you work through your loss and help the remaining members of your clan through it too.

Take care.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    chin up.
    H

Overclocked

I hear what you're saying. And it is nice seeing some of them. Some I haven't seen since I was 4,5 yrs old and don't even remember them anymore. In fact, I have a cousin standing beside me while I type this out, whom I don't even remember and someones kids running up and down the hall I never saw before. But all in all, it is nice in a way, and I'll survive the relative invasion somehow.