Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Looks great, keep up the good work! Don't get too frustrated with the design, it'll work itself out...as for now, why not go ice those poor arms or something?
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Life is like an analogy...

seeming as we're talking about aching arms and ways to fix that, ill put in my advice. my mom has been a hospital pharmacist for years and years. she knows whats best.

ibuprophen is more of a placebo drug, and the only thing it really works on is little kids. what you might want to do is ice like tybrenis said, and take some tylenol with codein for the pain if its bad. good old tylenol still works wonders. pot works good too......

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

......[/QUOTE]ibuprophen is more of a placebo drug, and the only thing it really works on is little kids. what you might want to do is ice like tybrenis said, and take some tylenol with codein for the pain if its bad. good old tylenol still works wonders. pot works good too......[/QUOTE]

Uhh, I don't think so, on all counts except perhaps the pot.

Fresh Paint

Back on topic, I think that scoop looks good and it seems to match the bottom vents.

Quote Originally Posted by GUI
    Back on topic, I think that scoop looks good and it seems to match the bottom vents.

Good call, my bad.

I like the scoop too, and I remember you saying something earlier about it not looking Lamborghini like, but from some of the pics I have looked at it looks pretty close to some of those rear-mount air intakes. This was probably already mentioned, but have you considered extending the angles edges on the bottom of the scoop forward some? That may help, sorry if this idea was posted but I don't have time to check right now.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Good call, my bad.

I like the scoop too, and I remember you saying something earlier about it not looking Lamborghini like, but from some of the pics I have looked at it looks pretty close to some of those rear-mount air intakes. This was probably already mentioned, but have you considered extending the angles edges on the bottom of the scoop forward some? That may help, sorry if this idea was posted but I don't have time to check right now.
    Just came from the emergency room. Coughed up a lot of blood last night. Turns out I got Pneumonia while visiting the hospital or hospice. Now my relatives are gone, and I could use a few right now. Boy, when it rains it pours. One thing or another with me. They have me on 6 billion gallons of fluids and antibiotics right now. Looks like more of a delay.

Anyhoo ... I'm gonna try and get the windows done this week if I can (no bondo allowed says the doctor ) So I'll cut the windows and fill-in the ASUS side logos with bondo when I'm better. Really don't feel too bad right now. But I'll play it safe and stay in bed for a few days. When I feel 100% better, I'll attempt the door fill-ins and extend the hood fingers a couple of inches. This really sucks though, it's the first time I've been sick in 20 yrs. And then it was just a stupid cold.

Overclocked

Coughing all night, couldn't sleep, (Pneumonia sucks BIG time) then started to worry. With all these delays, I was wondering. It looks like I'm going to be way over the 30 days return on most of my stuff. Anyone doing worklogs run into this problem ... mobo, vid cards, CPU, DVD, memory, something doesn't work. You're past the 30 days, what do you do if something is DOA when you install it on say day 45? Send it to the manufacturer? Try and send it back to the original purchase site? I've been pretty lucky, I've only had to send back one Intel CPU about 5 yrs ago. But of course that was one day after it arrived.

create a testbench on your hardware.

pull all of the components, and set them up on a bench using the mobo box as a base. PUt the anti-static cushion pad from the mobo box as an insulator between the motherboard and the box. Attach all of your stuff, and build the machine, all the way through OS.

You don't need to install it into the box to test it, simply create a ghetto test bench and validate your hardware.

Or if you really want to put yourself behind by 2 more days, build yourself one of these:
    Testing bench...

Overclocked

That's a great idea. I've seen a few too. I can't believe I didn't think of that last night. I should have one anyway.

And wow. That one from Box Gods is fantastic. Almost a mod by itself. Including water cooling. Thanks for the link!

Overclocked

Feeling better, so I decided to try and get back to where I was.
    Put on my mask and started doing some putty work.

Did some sanding and added the sealer coat again.

It's not perfect, but, good enough for me. I can either keep doing bondo and putty to get it perfect, or say frack it, and move on

This is where I was before, hopefully I move forward this time.

Next, more sanding, then I'll add the base coat. Forgot to take a pic of the base coat paint. More sanding. Another base coat (using aluminum base coat). More sanding. Stocked up on 300 sheets of different grade papers, I'll probably need them all.

Then ... I'll start FINALLY, with the candy, then the pearl coats.

Then, the interior, with white pearl.