Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Haven't decided on the color for the mesh yet. I'm thinking either black or continue with the pearl red right onto the mesh? Maybe pearl white? Maybe I'll paint it all 3 colors to see what looks best. It has an amber 3 way light inside, so maybe white?

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    Haven't decided on the color for the mesh yet. I'm thinking either black or continue with the pearl red right onto the mesh? Maybe pearl white? Maybe I'll paint it all 3 colors to see what looks best. It has an amber 3 way light inside, so maybe white?

I'd go black with the mesh, I think that would look nice with the pearl red finish.

Overclocked

Took some shots of the other paint supplies.

Sealer and bast coat.

Clear and all other shot.

And ... going to add some pin stripping after painting.

While looking at the last shots I noticed this ...

Closeup ...

Don't know where that line came from. Didn't see it before. Now I have to use putty again.

I'll never get past this stage.

Overclocked

I think I'll try a couple more coats of sealer first. Getting real tired of sanding right now The sealer is pretty thick, and two coats may hide it.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    I'd go black with the mesh, I think that would look nice with the pearl red finish.
    I think I'll try all 3 colors, hook up the LEDs, then post pics to see what looks best. Black would probably be best, but ya never know.

ATX Mental Case

too much work lol... even reading it is a lotta work... as you can tell, i'm lazy right now.
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it

Looking forward to your application observations and results on those paints!
    That is the same stuff i have!
    Cant wait to see the results!

I hope You're warin a mask when Yer spayin all that gubbins around. Wot with Your recent infection n all. Remember keep well ventilated! . And keep up the great work..

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by blue73
    I hope You're warin a mask when Yer spayin all that gubbins around. Wot with Your recent infection n all. Remember keep well ventilated! . And keep up the great work..

Yeah, feel crappy again today. But refuse to let it get me down. And the garage is my work area, and I just open up the garage door when I bondo, sand, or paint. Plus, I wear my mask, and have it air conditioned so the air is always circulating. I just turn it off when the door is open, and use a big fan to push the air out. Then, when I close the door, I turn the AC on again (almost 90f here now). Funny, when the door is open ... my neighbors and their kids are always stopping by. Whatcha doing? Why? Why you putting on a hood scoop on a PC? How come it looks like a PC store in here? Why did you put a radiator in that one? But most of the kids just say cool

Anodized

make a Dodge Viper case....
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope