Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAtomicMan
    That's some hot stuff.
    Hot as hell!

It's not your typical Lamborghini red. It's gonna be better. I can't wait until I get some clear on it.

Overclocked

Since I had the gun already filled with red pearl, I decided to shoot some other stuff.

Here will be the radiator fan. Which will go on the back 120mm.

And with the fan shroud. I chose the round TT for this.

The round fan shroud will be pearl white to match the inside case.

And with a red pearl DD radiator.

These are just the first few coats for the fan and radiator.
    I'll do the fan shroud when I paint the inside case pearl white.

Since the inside case will be pearl white. I'll do the fan, radiator and wire sleeving in red.

Some special sleeving I found.

Or the stock red. Haven't decided yet.

It will have blond leather trim on the doors and as a bay cover. If it looks good. If not, I have some fine purse black leather I'll use instead.

I have the D5 pump (every knows is black) and I'm thinking of painting it chrome or gold. I may go chrome, because I've planned on doing the SATA plug ends and Molex plug ends in chrome with a special red & black sleeve.

Also bought a new mobo ... had the DR but not the expert. So, I got that one instead.

The memory is already cool looking ... but I would like it pearl red. Not sure if that will cause it to heat up more or not.

Going to use the TT AquaBay Reservoir.

I'll leave as is. But I'm going to use red fluid instead of green.
    I may put it in backward so it doesn't take up a front 5 1/4 bay.

I have the DVD-CD burner with LightScribe (top in bubble-wrap), the LAN built-in speakers (center) (saw some cooler ones on FrozenCPU and may use one of them instead). And the CM6. May not use as well.

I also have the Sunbeam 20-1 front bay with card reader, a CM3, and a few others. Besides the DVD, everything else is, lets see how it looks first type situation. Or, how can I mod it to match type thing.

Looking great! I was wondering about painting radiators, it's ok to paint them, I mean it won't affect heat dissipation? I don't know alot about watercooling. Those sleeves are a perfect match too.

Rankenphile

This mod is really coming along - your attention to detail is very evident, and the care you are taking in working this mod up really shows. Nice work.

I was curious about the paint on the radiator too. Do you know to what level it will effect heat dissipation?

I had a quick idea for you I wanted to mention - when it comes time to do some wire sleeving and such, have you considered sleeving them to look like spark plug wires? I jsut had to replace my plugs and wires in my car yesterday, is the only reason I bring it up, it might help add to the automotive feel.

So far you're doing a very nice job, the leatherwork is a great touch. Keep it up, and thanks for keeping such good notes.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Looking great! I was wondering about painting radiators, it's ok to paint them, I mean it won't affect heat dissipation? I don't know alot about watercooling. Those sleeves are a perfect match too.
    I was wondering about that myself. Since you can buy them painted or unpainted. I figured if it's already painted gloss black, why not try painting them the color I want. I've always just put them in the color they came. I have a couple of them here, so I'll try a little experiment when it's time. I'll test the temps with a factory paint job, then my paint job and see if the temps go up.

Worth a shot, to have them the color I want.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    This mod is really coming along - your attention to detail is very evident, and the care you are taking in working this mod up really shows. Nice work.

I was curious about the paint on the radiator too. Do you know to what level it will effect heat dissipation?
    Not yet ... but I'll find out. What I would like to do is paint the heat shields on the memory. But that would be an expensive experiment if it doesn't work

I had a quick idea for you I wanted to mention - when it comes time to do some wire sleeving and such, have you considered sleeving them to look like spark plug wires? I just had to replace my plugs and wires in my car yesterday, is the only reason I bring it up, it might help add to the automotive feel.

So far you're doing a very nice job, the leatherwork is a great touch. Keep it up, and thanks for keeping such good notes.
    Thanks ...

You know, I already thought about that. And was thinking about taking a small hunts tomato sauce can (the diameter is perfect, and cut a quarter of it off in height). Spraying it with black rubberized paint to make a distributor cap to go with it.

Rankenphile

Very clever.

Overclocked

Very clever.
    Thanks

How it will look is the trick.
    I still want to do an engine cover in aluminum, like Defyant did in plexi for a mobo cover.
    Except add valve cover looking bends with the Lamborghini lines going down the covers.

Well, as close as I can to the engine as possible.
    I already bought a decal set of the real Lamborghini decals.
    AND, the script (chrome) name plate for the outside of the case. (only 4.5 inches long)

The engine decals are orginal, as well as the name plate.

And some of the 37 decals.

And for the front of the case I'm going to add the real Lamborghini emblem.

Or, this one. Not decided yet. I'll see which one looks best on the case.

And the new idea I was talking about for the other window.

Lamborghini style windows.

The one that will be looking at the back of the mobo board. Where there is just a plain sheet metal mobo tray to see.
    I'm going to blow up a shot of the interior of a Lamborghini and put
    it on the back of the mobo tray.
    I was thinking of adding some LEDs to the instruments in the dash and radio
    for 3D effects and realism.

So, when you look into the window, you will see the interior of a Lamborghini.
    Which is why I want to use real blond leather trim.

But don't tell anyone about my window idea ... it's a secret.

Man that car is sweet, I wonder what it's like to drive. That leather will look real good, nice choice!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Man that car is sweet, I wonder what it's like to drive. That leather will look real good, nice choice!
    Yeah, you'd have to be a gajillionaire to own one today ... or mortgage broke.