Thread: Playing without the disk?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Playing without the disk?

My new Alienware M11x doesn't have a DVD drive. I have a slim external, but don't want to bring it along.

I was told I could play Oblivion without the disk, but don't know how. I've alos, heard of something called "mounting the drive", but I'm not sure if that's right....

Help?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Playing without the disk?

You could use a virtual CD/DVD drive software such as Daemon Tools to make an image of the disk and mount it. Personally though, I prefer to use no-disc patches so I don't have to mess with any of that. GameCopyWorld.com is a great resource for that. As long as you purchased the game legally, using a no-disc patch is perfectly legal.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

There are tons of "No CD patches" for games that are small files that just override the need for the disk being in the drive. I would get mine from gamershell.

You can create an ISO of the game using magicdisk, daemon tools and a ton of others but that requires you to have a ~4gig full copy of the game on your drive and you'd have to mount each game unless you want to have 20 virtual drives running at all times.

I'd recommend searching for no-cd patches/cracks. They are perfectly legal assuming you own the game.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

megagames is another good resource for stuff like that. They also have a lot of other stuff there as well. does have a bunch of ads, but if you have ad blocker its no problem. they don't do pop ups, at least the last time I was on they didnt.

I personally use Daemon Tools (lite version, cause its free ) and love it. Easy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER