View Poll Results: Will you participate in this contest? (April 15 - June 1)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 57.89%
  • No

8 42.11%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Novint Falcon Grip Challenge.

Default Re: Novint Falcon Grip Challenge.

Tom (the CEO of Novint) really likes community stuff. He's pretty active on the steam forums, Hardforums, and a few others. He likes to give Falcons away as advertising. I feel like if I was working directly with him instead of someone else that this would have started already. Oh well, a month left for school for me. Hopefully we can be started by then.

Got an email two days ago. We need to revise the schedule (since the other start date was missed). I'm going to try and get the grips as soon as possible and then send them out, which means that we'll just try and figure out an appropriate end date once everyone receives a grip.

What I need from you guys is an address to send a grip to. If you could PM that to me that would be great. Thanks!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I've sold 2 so far with my code. I need ONE MORE!!

GameON20OFF
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Aw man! I still have zero. If you guys are going to buy one though use Buzz's code first so he can get his reward and then start using mine please. Thanks!

Update! The grips have shipped and will be here soon. I have a tracking number, but no estimated delivery date. I still need some addresses of where to send the grips, so send me that PM!

You got my PM right? You might post a list of either who needs to PM you, or who already PMd you. Your choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

[]m[]

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hahaha, ok, so I got a strange little package today from Moscow! (Indiana ). Kinda freaked me out at first, but when I got it open, it all made sense.

Now, let's see about getting this puppy open.

First thing I found was that in order to actually get the ball off, you have to peel off the plastic sheet in the contact surface. Fortunately, the sheet it fairly thick, and the surface it bonds with is not solid, so it comes up fairly easily. Not so easily that it feels like it would come off accidentally though. Plus, once you put it back together it seals back nicely. not sure how many times you can do that and still get a good seal, but I have a feeling I'll find out.

I marked one of the corners so I would be sure to put it back on the correct orientation.

Better. Now let's get that ball open.

Now I just need to pick up some modeling clay from the hobby store on the way home, and we'll be in business.

As a side note, d_stiglar or BuzzKillington, do either of you have a contact at Novint who might know when they're gonna have pistol grips in stock again? I'm planning on buying one soon to test my design (at least that's the justification I'm using yay for extra money from Microcenter clearance resales ), but they're out of the pistol grip, and thus the best priced bundle. I could always buy one separately later (though that would end up being more expensive), but if they're gonna be back in stock soon, say within the week, then I'll just wait.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention this, but after dis/remantling (Is remantling a word? Firefox doesn't seem to think so..eh, oh well, it is now. ) the grip, I must say I'm quite impressed with the build quality. Thick, well made plastic, smooth edges, perfectly fitting pieces, even real switches! I can't wait to see the whole unit!

EDIT2:
    Also, Buzz, do you still need another on your code?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I have Tom Anderson's direct e-mail so I'll shoot him an e-mail about the pistol grips. I'm not sure about the code, the reports are only viewable on the 1st of each month. There's a good chance I still need it though. I can't wait to get my ball to start prototyping!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Thanks Buzz! I checked on the FalconArmy forums to see if there was any word on there, and found this thread saying that they haven't been in the store for quite a while. Ah well, here's hoping there's news on that!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV