View Poll Results: Will you participate in this contest? (April 15 - June 1)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 57.89%
  • No

8 42.11%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Novint Falcon Grip Challenge.

Default Re: Novint Falcon Grip Challenge.

my soldering iron kinda sucks, i want to get a station with variable temp, i dont want to scorch the board.

i actually figured out its easier in this case just to heat the tip of a flathead precision screwdriver 1.4mm, and the buttons pop off almost effortlessly

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I have 2 designs so far, just waiting for them to dry so I can get to the glass stage.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

So when is the contest running until, do we simply post our final pieces or mail them in for testing, testing criteria, etc more info would be greatly appreciated.

Ordered required parts and am hoping to start tomorrow.

On a side note, I listed my falcon code on eBay. Here's my listing......

Please do not attempt to purchase this as this code is a giveaway. Any bids will be considered donation. Nothing will be sent to the winning bidder.

This coupon code is to save 20% off of a Novint Falcon controller for PC, or the Novint Falcon Game Bundle. (available in white or black, see website for details.)

$40.00 off Discount code:
    GameON20OFF

This has been tested, and will save you 20% off of a Novint Falcon or Novint Falcon Game Bundle.
    You can purchase this item at https://home.novint.com/store/store.php
    The remainder of the listing was the specs on the Novint Falcon.

Anyway, I got a hate mail today from some newer ebay user asking what exactly it was I was selling and if I was trying to steal money from trusting ebayers. Shortly after my listing was removed from eBay. I love people. No... no I don't.

I realized my mistake was giving away the code and mentioning "donation." This listing would be allowed only if I were to actually auction off the code, print it out and mail it to the winning bidder. Technically, buying XBL subscription codes or any other non-physical items on ebay and getting them emailed to you is against eBay policy.

It's just funny how the same listing can run multiple times... if people bid I would e-mail them confirming their bid was just showing their appreciation for the 40 dollars off, then one stupid fjsudhgvuh comes along trying to patrol eBay. This made my blood boil.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

lol. Read fail. Probably just saw the title, 'donation', and got confused/mad/etc.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Doh! So, just in case anyone else was like me and didn't notice this, we have official rules and stuff here:
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=23271

I just happened to find it searching for this thread to see if dates had been officially set yet. Ah well, now I know. 'And knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!' ...the other half is fabbing the grips, I suppose.

Anyways, I finally got some work done on one design the last couple days, so I guess I'll be starting a worklog for it soon.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Dear Michael,

Thank you again for applying to the Novint Referral Program. As of June 4th, 2010, you have accumulated an additional 2 referral(s). Prior to this month, you earned a total of 2 referral(s). Therefore, you have now met the requirement of 3 overall referrals for your free Falcon bundle offer. Your remaining 1 referral for this month will be converted to commissions, at a rate of $25.00 USD per referral. This brings your total commissions for the month of May to $25.00 USD.

Nice! Congrats dude!
    --Benjamin Franklin

Alright, no more using Buzz's code. It's time to use my code, the one we're supposed to be using for this contest. That code is MODSANDENDS. Now that Buzz has a free falcon we can all use that one. Thanks!

I'm stoked. 2 months of minimal effort = a free $200 falcon package with free shipping basically since I can put the 4th referral towards shipping.