Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One

Default Nexus One

Anyone else getting one of these? I know they aren't the greatest phone, but it is the most rounded phone.

Most phones have a really nice feature, this phone has pretty good features in all categories instead. When it comes out on Verizon I will definitely be getting this.

Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz

3.7 inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
    800 x 480 pixels
    100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
    1ms typical response rate

Memory
    512 MB Flash
    512 MB RAM
    4 GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)

Camera & Flash
    5 megapixels
    Autofocus from 6 cm to infinity
    2X digital zoom
    LED flash
    User can include location of photos from phone's AGPS receiver
    Video captured at 720x480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Default Re: Nexus One

If you're interested in the iphone at&t has lost their exclusive rights and in the next year they will be available through all cellular providers. So if that's something that interests you it might be in your best interest to hold out. Haven't heard anything about that phone though. I'll have to check it out.
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man. "
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

I hate the iphone personally. After having a particular conversation with an Apple hardware repair expert I don't think I'll touch one of those.

Besides, why wouldn't I want a phone from someone who currently dominates the internet market?
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

The Nexus One is pretty cool, but I'd probably go with the Droid. The iPhone on, say, Verizon would be pretty tempting over both of those, if only for the very near perfect software. But I'm also kinda bored with the iPhone. I'd probably go with the Droid. But the N1 is a nice alternative without any doubt. It just doesn't feel different enough for me.

I also like physical keyboards.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

If it weren't for the lack of a keyboard and me already having a Nokia N900...yes, I would be veery tempted by the Nexus One.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Anodized

I've been looking at the HTC HD2 but I think I'm gonna hold out for a bit and see if something better is announced. I'd go with the Evo but I cant stand Sprint lol.

huh...I <3 my iphone. Had it for almost two years and not one problem. My only beef with it is that the google maps takes WAY to long to load and is super laggy
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man. "
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

I'm counting down the days until May 2nd, when I'm upgrading to a HTC Desire (non-Google Nexus One) and snapping up a 32GB Micro-SD card as soon as I can get out.

It all boils down to me wanting a phone that does this

- Large, clear screen for web browsing
    - Great web browser, needs to be as fast as possible
    - I have 28GB of mixed format music, so need 32GB of storage and support for m4a and wma as well as mp3
    - Must be able to take nice clear photos
    - Newest Android version is a must (best free apps across all smartphones), and google goggles
    - Must be slim
    - Must have 3.5mm headphone jack
    - Must have A2DP
    - Must have good GPS
    - Must be usable as a modem
    - Must have HSDPA

I have worked for a major handset manufacturer and had access to eveything they sold - nothing ever excited me like this does, it's everything I ever wanted a phone to do.

sorry to bump, but who else has got one of these? Mine is AWESOME.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I forgot all about this phone. I think it needs more advertising. Especially with competitors like the Droid, Droid Incredible and the iPhone.

Then again, I'm feeling pretty tempted by the HD2. I'm loving these 4.3" devices. Seems to be the perfect size.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.