Thread: Asus Striker Extreme - Talking Trash

Default Asus Striker Extreme - Talking Trash

Hi Everyone,

For some reason my computer has not been working for a while now and cant get why as I have tried most things. The computer wont POST and there is a blank screen. I dont have a mobo spreaker to test for beebs.

Have tryed the common problems with the Striker Extreme:
    - Reset BIOS with removal of the batt
    - Remove all RAM and have 1 stick only
    - Repace RAM with a low cheap speed RAM
    - Change Graphics card with a cheaper one
    - Run a bare bones system

I found out that on the small LCD display on the mobo what prints stuff out during post and when the computer is on, is just displaying rubbish. rather then any useful message about what is happening it just displays random stuff what i cant make out.

With that I think the mobo is just gone.

any recommnedations on a new one if this cant be fixed? I dont need anything expensive as I dont have much money to spend on computers at the moment, I just want to to get this computer working again.

Specs
    -------
    mobo: Asus Striker Extreme
    CPU: Intel Q6600
    GPU: BFG 8800GT
    RAM: 2ghz OCZ - cant remember the speeds (5800 comes to mind)
    PSU: 800w
    -------

Thanks for help
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Default Re: Asus Striker Extreme - Talking Trash

Well, I was going to ask about the little lcd screen. I have that same mobo and I have had many issues with the bios chip. ASUS has been very good to me when I have had issues with my mobo. They even sent me a bios chip for free. Try and contact them to see if they can help. Once the mobo is turned on let it sit for a bit then check the lcd screen and write down what it says (even if it is rubbish) and post it here.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

hi guys,

@SXRguyinMA - I have came across all of the problems in the past with the horrid CPU_INIT and DRAM LCD display. A BIOS upgrade sorted it for me and was problem free for about a year. I have not used the computer for a while but when comming to use it, its a black screen and a LCD what dont make sense

@Airbozo - If i let it do its thing the LCD changes as it probes at POST, but now its all rubbish, it actually turns off giving the indecation that POST was a success and the hard drives anf fans spin up in the normal manner when the operating system is loaded.

+ REPs for the help
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Quote Originally Posted by si-skyline View Post
    hi guys,

@Airbozo - If i let it do its thing the LCD changes as it probes at POST, but now its all rubbish, it actually turns off giving the indecation that POST was a success and the hard drives anf fans spin up in the normal manner when the operating system is loaded.

+ REPs for the help
    Mine actually displays the time when the system boots. (if I remember right, since it is tucked under my desk...)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I disabled mine in the BIOS, there is one or two settings but found them all pritty useless as you cant see it xD

in the past I had it display its computer name "horsepower" to show off to peeps.. then the fad wore off
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1