Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 Mod (sry)

Default Battlefield 1942 Mod (sry)

To graduate from my highschool you have to have what they call a "grad. project." It MUST be 40 Hours + Im building a computer.I know that building the just a computer isnt going to be 40+ hours. So i decided ill take it above just building a computer. I bought a VGA cooler for my video card and im looken to make an extreme case mod. Heres my idea so far. Im going to try and build modle of Omaha beach. The drawing is below, I still dont know what im going to do, i have a side window thats clear i need segestions what to do with it. Or if you have any tweaks, etc let me kno.

ps. I have acess to a fabrication shop, water jet, any tool. if that sparks any ideas, The logo and such im cutting out with a Water jet.
    thx
    -Jason

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/20/thumbs/me_case.jpg

Default Re: Battlefield 1942 Mod (sry)

you need to enlarge that picture all i see is a bunch of squigly lines

Sorry, heres the link again...click for a larger pic.

ATX Mental Case

the water jet looks like a swastika. you might want to edit that pic. maybe you should use truespace or sketchup for renderings.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

Isn't it supposed to be a swastika? It looks like an American flag melded with a Nazi flag. I would think that would be an appropriate detail based on a war game set in 1942.

That's looking nice. What are you planning to make the scene out of?

If you havn't got any skills with an airbrush, i'd say get some practice in now. Cos i reccon with airbrush skills you could take this case to a whole new level.

And i think the swastika/american flag is intentional. Looks allright, but you could include the union jack in there as well-kinda sucks that the Swastika gets a say and the UK gets completely forgotten. I'm not offended, but my grandad fought at Omaha, as i'm sure a lot of other people's grandfathers here have. I think he would turn in his grave if i didn't gently remind people that the D day landings were not, as depicted in a variety of games, Americans vs. Nazis.

I'm not telling to change your mod for the sake of pollitical correctness. I'm just asking that you remember, the real beach landings were a lot different from what you play in things like Battlefront and Medal of Honor.

One thing you could do is try and watch 'The war in colour' (you can tell i'm British now, there's a u in colour ) which was a pretty good show on discovery for a while. They had taken black and white war footage and used computers to render it. It was a pretty interesting show.

Rant Over, over.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Well thats one problem im having, i have no idea what im going to build the beach out of. I'll fix the power switch too, that was just a rough sketch

Wink Re: Battlefield 1942 Mod (sry)

If the beaches are going to be somewhat flat, you may be able to pull it off with some heavy grit sandpaper. Get some that of course is sand colored (coloured for DaveW:p ) and ply it onto your base with whatever contours you want, then clear coat it with some satin finish. I have no idea if this would work or not, but it's cheap enough to try a small section and see how it turns out.

Rankenphile

Best solution for the beach? Use spray-on foam for the base, cut and sand to the shape you want, bondo the top, then give everything a solid coat of a mixture of sand and white glue. Take that, spray-paint it a light tan color, airbrush or lightly dust with a rattlecan in a darker brown,, then drybrish with ivory. Wash with brown inks if you want, for another level of detail. Seal it with clear matte spray, and you're good to go.

For the inside, I would recommend building a plexi/acryllic motherboard cover like Defyant did on his HP4/Flam'd mod, witht he paint on the "inside" so you look through the plex and see the paint, but airbrush clouds and silouettes of planes on it. Put red led along the bottom with lightly etched "explosions" in the sky, with the LEDs set to flicker on HDD activity, simulating gunfire and explosions in the air. It would give it an excellent backdrop to the scene you are building.

This is a very cool mod, and a great way to earn some credit for school. I really hope you do well with this, it has a ton of potential.

ATX Mental Case

i just think there are better alternatives instead of a swastika, you could use the flag they use in BF 1942?
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU