Thread: Looking for sketchup models

Fresh Paint

Default Looking for sketchup models

Post a sketchup of any kind of case mod or idea for one etc. I'm looking for inspiration for a case mod and who knows if I like one I might even build it. Anyway post anything you got that your not going to build.
    Insert funny and original sig here

Default Re: Looking for sketchup models

Ghost in the Shell would make for a cool mod. Futuristic, but heavily weathered. And some cool glowy stuff inside.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...e14b1a3d87358f

The desk I can no longer make there is an inbuilt case in a cupboard.
    Can't make it because something was wrong about me having the largest bedroom in the house. Was kicked out into another room so my sisters could have the room this was designed for.

New desk is being built next week hopefully, considerably smaller.

Edit: necro thread :/

Really like your desk setup v1.1. Tons of space. I've just got a large setup I put together from IKEA. It's large, but not THAT large.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Really like your desk setup v1.1. Tons of space. I've just got a large setup I put together from IKEA. It's large, but not THAT large.
    Thanks it's ridiculously large tho, mainly because my room used to be ridiculously large. I would have loved it but my new desk will be taking shape soon.

Of course there will be a worklog for it. It should be measuring 2000x1400mm and 600mm deep, black vinyl covered top so it is nice to work on too. Much better than the current 800x600mm desk I have

White carbon fiber. Or dark grey carbon fiber.

Fresh Paint

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...3842bc8ef6fe18

Does'nt have to be of exactly the same construction or material.

My recommendation, before making a commitment to a specific material for the worktop, make a mouse pad out of it. See how the material reacts to your hand oils and other crap that'll build up on it and how it wears. I've got a spot on my desk that's collecting more and more crap and starting to wear badly. Good thing IKEA tops are cheap, and sometimes available in the used bay. Although, a refresh on the desk would be fun.