Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    true, but it also (I think anyways) will bring people who were scared of WCing into the realm of it, and I've noticed that once you start WCing, you tend to want bigger and better until you have a setup like yours!
    Quoted for truth!

You also start looking at other peoples setups and dreaming of the perfect setup.

Default Re: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

I have to disagree. I got a cooling kit and it was not very good. I'm now back to air cooling (although you can see where that got me, haha). I still think up dream systems with peltier cooled video cards, CPUs, Ram. Everything will be liquid cooled including the PSU and motherboard.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I have seen a lot of cheap kits out there, and heard really bad things about a lot of them. The one problem with watercooling is that to do it right, it really requires an initial investment of at least a couple hundred dollars. I was thinking it over the other day, and my current loop cost me almost exactly $600..
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I have seen a lot of cheap kits out there, and heard really bad things about a lot of them. The one problem with watercooling is that to do it right, it really requires an initial investment of at least a couple hundred dollars. I was thinking it over the other day, and my current loop cost me almost exactly $600..
    unless you are thrifty and paitent? lol.... my loop for blue storm is sizing up to be about 300 when all is said and done.. i guess i got lucky though
    Not dead yet

Haha, yeah, you did. That batch of stuff you got from blueonblack is worth about twice what you paid for it.

EDIT:
    That is one thing that is both nice and annoying about watercooling stuff...it tends to not really depreciate much at all.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

haha... yea... if it hadnt been for him i probably wouldnt be watercooling the next one... although i really need to at my house in summer. hotter than a pig on a roof....
    Not dead yet

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Glad someone can get some good out of one of my errors in judgement for once.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

The TT loop I have installed in my AM2 rig is keeping things about 10C over ambient on a full load. Now how long it will last before the copper and aluminum start swapping electrons is another story.

... -_^ They made a kit loop with both aluminum and copper components??? ...I think the worst part is that I'm not really that surprised..it is TT after all.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Just remember guys, one of these days if you keep going down the road you'll be like me, and still have radiators all over the house and tubing in boxes and still trying to plan the perfect loop.

There is no "perfect loop." Merely one better than the last time.

Mod on, brothers. Can't wait to add my own pics in here.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08