Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    ... -_^ They made a kit loop with both aluminum and copper components??? ...I think the worst part is that I'm not really that surprised..it is TT after all.
    Let's not point fingers. The new cooler kit I got from the vaunted towers of Corsair is the same way.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Post pics of your cooling setups. Air, Water and Extreme setups welcome!

Koolance also does mixed loops

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post

There is no "perfect loop." Merely one better than the last time.
    to true... if the MCR420 had been out at the time i started water cooling i would have a nice 4x4 setup instead of the current 3x3.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i still need to clean up the wiring

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Here is an old pic that I dug up from Project: LEXA

In there I have a Intel Q6600 cooled by a Swiftech Apogee GTX and an Nvidia 8800GTX cooled by a Swiftech MCW-60 waterblock running through 1/2" tubing and 1x 240mm radiator (floor) and a 120mm radiator (back).

This mod would be around about 3 years old with the hardware border lining 4 years. Well the mod did outlive the hardware, LEXA is currently dead, well the mobo or PSU is anyway, got hit with a power surge I think. The good news is that insurance will pay out $1000 for the dead PC an I can salvage what I can and start again later this year.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    LEXA is currently dead

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    The good news is that insurance will pay out $1000 for the dead PC an I can salvage what I can and start again later this year.
    WOO HOO!!!

LEXA 2!!! (or is it 3?)

“Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That sucks about the dead hardware, but awesome news about the insurance! You could build a very nice system for $1000.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

how does one go about getting computer insurance?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'm guessing it was renter's insurance or from the UPS/surge protector company?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Nope, home and contents insurance, that covers accidents and breakage. I could just pierce one of the hoses in my WC loop and say it shorted and fried. Dad insured my PC for $3000 (monitors and all) and after depreciation I should get just under $1000.

For $1200 AUD I can build a new i7 rig minus the GPU, I will use my 8800GTX for starters before upgrading.

I was going to do another LEXA mod, I really do love the chassis but this time I think I am going to go for something a little bit larger and more elegant.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08