Thread: Best way to cut and replace?

Fresh Paint

Default Best way to cut and replace?

So I have a HAF932 case. And I can't stand the side panel. I loved it at first but now it bugs me. I want to cut the entire side 4 fans area and the window and make it one big window area. After that I was to add plexi glass so I can oogle at my parts 24/7 instead of a small window.

But what is the best tool(s) to use to cut this side panel? and easiest way to install plexi glass/thin see through pane?

Default Re: Best way to cut and replace?

Quote Originally Posted by hicks View Post
    But what is the best tool(s) to use to cut this side panel? and easiest way to install plexi glass/thin see through pane?
    Oh man...you might catch some flak for asking this. It's going to be a unanimous "DREMEL YOU NOOB!" in 3...2...nah, I'm just messing around. Hook yourself up with a Dremel though.

And welcome to TBCS.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Oh man...you might catch some flak for asking this. It's going to be a unanimous "DREMEL YOU NOOB!" in 3...2...nah, I'm just messing around. Hook yourself up with a Dremel though.
    Well dremel was my first quess. I have a work shop that I can go to use plasma cutters, etc but idk if fire would be good idea LMAO.

What about the plexi glass, how easy is it to install? never done it before.

Fresh Paint

I basically want a side pannel that looks like so:

HAF932 Limited edition
    Just without the AMD and the Fusion thing

I've used double sided tape to do my window. I've also seen rivets and epoxy used too

Fresh Paint

ill probably use double sided tape since it does the least amount of damage lol. so double sided tape and a blade with many teeth to cut. Got it. Thanks guys for the help.

Will do some measurements and go buy some plexi soon and will post once finished.

note to me: usplastic.com

Fresh Paint

Wow that is probably the easiest thing to do lol. Ill only hv to spend like $20 for the acrylic and U-channel

Jeez...I forgot the second half of my post. Sorry!

For the window, double sided tape is definitely the easiest way to go. It gives a very clean look. I've never used the tape in that video, but it looks like I'm going to have to grab a roll of that. Super-strong, double-sided, clear tape? It does sound like the god of tapes!
    Screws are another fun way of mounting a window and give a more industrial look. It's a little more involved with a bit more measuring and drilling though. Some nice socket head screws around the perimeter always look nice...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.