Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lookin' for a gaming rig!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Lookin' for a gaming rig!

Where did he order it from?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, I think we can say no to Falcon Northwest. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Where did he order it from?
    I haven't the slightest idea. He's over in Afghanistan right now, so probably from somewhere over there since he wanted it delivered to him there. I really have no idea.

The Asus G73 IS the best laptop out there apparently, though. It even has the Blu-Ray and 1080p screen. I looked but couldn't find anything better without being extraordinarily more expensive.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah, the last I looked, there wasn't anything even close under $2,000. Has he tried contacting the company he ordered it from to try and work it out with them or has he tried contacting the company he used to pay for it (VISA/Paypal/etc)? If he can prove that the company stole his money, he can probably (hopefully) get it back. Don't give up on the G73 just because some sketchy company didn't deliver.

If I were him, what I would do if a known, reputable company won't deliver to his military base (a lot of them will deliver to US military bases, including Newegg, iirc), is have it delivered to a trusted family member or friend in the states, and have them ship it to him, or just wait till he's on leave next to pick it up.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

It was Newegg. They replaced it free of charge. Just awesom.

Btw... It is AWESOME! It feels amazing, it's very fast, it handles everything and it doesn't even get hot! Only hour and a half of battery life though.

I think I'm in love...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Great to hear!

Oh, hells yeah, if I'd known it was Newegg I would have just said contact them first. They are really awesome about stuff like that. I think they might be one of the only companies that I've dealt with that it hasn't been an ordeal to work with the customer service. Them, Logitech, and EVGA are on my short list atm for consumer support awesomeness.
    --Benjamin Franklin