Thread: Project Dubbed Vento 3600

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Project Dubbed Vento 3600

that color is sexy.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skateboxx View Post

i made a sidepanel air duct for 80mm fan..
    OY!

I had that same idea, just contemplating how to get the fan in there, i think a 72mm fan would fit that area perfect.

looking sweet man

Anodized

cleaning time again..lols!

@BuzzKillington
    thanks man,iam planning to repaint it soon..

@Twigsoffury
    yeah 72mm fan would fit in there too..

what i did was cut some plastic parts of the sidepanel to let the air get in thru that airduct..

cleaning time again..lols!

@Twigsoffury
    yeah 72mm fan would fit in there too..

what i did was cut some plastic parts of the sidepanel to let the air get in thru that airduct..
    Ya its a never ending finger print and dust battle with these cases, you know car wax on these cases make the paint really "pop" and helps cut down on the dust and finger prints. i use Mothers Carnuba wax.. case never looked as shiny as it did after a couple coats of car wax.

I'm thinking i can hole saw a circle or two in the interior metal panel, then attach a fan and have those ducts in the back like you did.. but i'm thinking exhaust might help.

You have fans in those two intake spots on the front?

did you notice four 72mm fans will fit in the very front where all the cables come in? i'm gonna try that once i get enough of them fans

Your case is looking really sweet dude, the black/blue combo is kick a@#

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Ya its a never ending finger print and dust battle with these cases, you know car wax on these cases make the paint really "pop" and helps cut down on the dust and finger prints. i use Mothers Carnuba wax.. case never looked as shiny as it did after a couple coats of car wax.

I'm thinking i can hole saw a circle or two in the interior metal panel, then attach a fan and have those ducts in the back like you did.. but i'm thinking exhaust might help.

You have fans in those two intake spots on the front?

did you notice four 72mm fans will fit in the very front where all the cables come in? i'm gonna try that once i get enough of them fans

Your case is looking really sweet dude, the black/blue combo is kick a@#
    how much that carnuba wax cost dude?i use a wax given to me by my brother but i dont know the brand,hehe!yeah i did cut a hole inside the internal metal panel then attached the 80mm fan right there,then chop some plastic for the air to gey in,i set it in intake cuz my 8800GTS was extremely hot.although i use rivatuner to maximized the fan speed of the GPU fan.yup there is also a 2 80mm fan in front,before i set it 2 intake but now it is exhaust and intake,but still iam not yet satisfied..yeah 72mm,800mm and 92mm will fit in right there,hehe!i'll take a pix of what's my setup inside the rig sooner dude,i was just kinda busy these past few days..thanks for the kudos,sorry for my bad english..lols!

how much that carnuba wax cost dude?i use a wax given to me by my brother but i dont know the brand,hehe!yeah i did cut a hole inside the internal metal panel then attached the 80mm fan right there,then chop some plastic for the air to gey in,i set it in intake cuz my 8800GTS was extremely hot.although i use rivatuner to maximized the fan speed of the GPU fan.yup there is also a 2 80mm fan in front,before i set it 2 intake but now it is exhaust and intake,but still iam not yet satisfied..yeah 72mm,800mm and 92mm will fit in right there,hehe!i'll take a pix of what's my setup inside the rig sooner dude,i was just kinda busy these past few days..thanks for the kudos,sorry for my bad english..lols!
    haha no worries, your English is better then my Tagalog will ever be : P

That wax is about 8$ for a can. (worth every penny)

That would be sweet if you could take some pictures so i could see how you did that side panel.

Anodized

lols!

here's some of the photos i take before while making the duct..

i'll post the other side dude..but i gotta take a pic later..hehe!

lols!

i'll post the other side dude..but i gotta take a pic later..hehe!
    oh thanks man, whenever you have the spare time, no rush

i kinda get how you did it, did you have any problems with cutting away the clips that hold the panel on?

Default "Project Dubbed Vento 3600"

at first i was impressed because i thought you actually created the case, but then i noticed the asus mark. what did you actually do, add some lights? what a joke of a mod. why bother post this "mod"?
    am i the only one case modding a laptop?

Default Re: "Project Dubbed Vento 3600"

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreBorrg View Post
    at first i was impressed because i thought you actually created the case, but then i noticed the asus mark. what did you actually do, add some lights? what a joke of a mod. why bother post this "mod"?
    Not everyone wants to or needs to make a mod from scratch, or to make a large amount of cuts. He took the computer, added some cooling functionality, and lit it creatively. He also polished it. If its not 100% stock then its modded. Good day to you sir.
    Not dead yet